Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mike Ennis said it takes footballers 6 weeks to reach peak fitness in the off season. Then they just have to mantain it. Foran would've been doing alot of boxing id say to keep fit, I know its not the same as running but it helps. Pay said a week or 2 ago he started straight line running. Plus he didnt have surgery so thats a bonus.

I think he should be 100% fit come rd1as there still will be about 8 weeks to go when they resume training in the new year.
Foran hasn't been 100% match fit for years, i doubt he will get there in 6 weeks lol. I remember reading he played 1 game in 307 days between his move from Parra to the Warriors. He also hasn't played a game for over 4 months yet he still hasn't returned to full training despite having no surgery (to my knowledge).

Foran has missed a lot of footy and training sessions over the last few years and he's constantly been injured. Then when he does get back on the field (not 100% match fit) he then cops a knock and his shoulder or back start playing up again.

Foran is fragile as fuck and will be monitored more than any other player at the club, there's just no way they will rush though his recovery and pre season. Foran just isn't the average NRL player with average injury concerns, he needs a lot of time and rehab just to get to the point where you can manage him from week to week.

Hopefully Foran starts the season when he's 100% match fit and not just round 1 because it's the start of the season. I'd much rather him take an extra few weeks off to be absolutely sure he's right.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran hasn't been 100% match fit for years, i doubt he will get there in 6 weeks lol. I remember reading he played 1 game in 307 days between his move from Parra to the Warriors. He also hasn't played a game for over 4 months yet he still hasn't returned to full training despite having no surgery (to my knowledge).

Foran has missed a lot of footy and training sessions over the last few years and he's constantly been injured. Then when he does get back on the field (not 100% match fit) he then cops a knock and his shoulder or back start playing up again.

Foran is fragile as fuck and will be monitored more than any other player at the club, there's just no way they will rush though his recovery and pre season. Foran just isn't the average NRL player with average injury concerns, he needs a lot of time and rehab just to get to the point where you can manage him from week to week.

Hopefully Foran starts the season when he's 100% match fit and not just round 1 because it's the start of the season. I'd much rather him take an extra few weeks off to be absolutely sure he's right.
Clearly Foran ran over your cat when he was just learning to drive and you've never forgiven him for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think we will get an extreme with KF, extremely rubbish or extremely awesome.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly Foran ran over your cat when he was just learning to drive and you've never forgiven him for it.
Not at all. I'm just not a desperate **** like some people and think it's going to all be perfect with Foran and ignore clear facts.

Not to mention there is nothing remotely bad with what i have said.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pre season started at the start of November. By all reports Foran started his rehab program in mid to late October. Thats already a good 2 months before the Christmas break. Add another 2 months of full training in the new year before rd1. According to Pay he started straight line running a week or 2 ago. Thats 4 months in total maybe more.

He didnt have surgery remember. Therefore if our strength and conditioning team cant get a player that didnt have surgery 100% fit in over 4 months of rehab and training well then they are not earning there money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pre season started at the start of November. By all reports Foran started his rehab program in mid to late October. Thats already a good 2 months before the Christmas break. Add another 2 months of full training in the new year before rd1. According to Pay he started straight line running a week or 2 ago. Thats 4 months in total maybe more.

He didnt have surgery remember. Therefore if our strength and conditioning team cant get a player that didnt have surgery 100% fit in over 4 months of rehab and training well then they are not earning there money.
None of that is relevant to my point though. It's been atleast 4 months since he has done full sessions and that's a long time for someone that didn't have surgery. The average player would have been back by now. The club is taking it slow with Foran because he's a slow healer and they just aren't going to risk it with him.

Just look at his 17 games with the Warriors, how many of them did he actually look anywhere near fit? Not many. He had a massive break between leaving Parra and joining the Warriors yet he didn't get anywhere near fit enough.

My point is that it's going to take time for for Foran to get fit, much more time than the average player. A lot of people are putting unrealistic expectations on Foran, just getting fit will be tough for him, then managing the weekly grind of NRL footy will be even tougher.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of that is relevant to my point though. It's been atleast 4 months since he has done full sessions and that's a long time for someone that didn't have surgery. The average player would have been back by now. The club is taking it slow with Foran because he's a slow healer and they just aren't going to risk it with him.

Just look at his 17 games with the Warriors, how many of them did he actually look anywhere near fit? Not many. He had a massive break between leaving Parra and joining the Warriors yet he didn't get anywhere near fit enough.

My point is that it's going to take time for for Foran to get fit, much more time than the average player. A lot of people are putting unrealistic expectations on Foran, just getting fit will be tough for him, then managing the weekly grind of NRL footy will be even tougher.
Comparing a bulldogs pre season to warriors pre season is just plain stupid. In fact comparing any teams pre season to the warriors is stupid as they are the most unprofessional team in world sport. Plus he came off surgery after his season at parra not to mention all the other shit he had going on.

If Foran is not fit 100% after 4 months of rehab and training by rd1 then someone is not doing there job. He didnt have surgery so no excuses.

A

Alexander the Great

tell us what you really think fuck ya lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Comparing a bulldogs pre season to warriors pre season is just plain stupid. In fact comparing any teams pre season to the warriors is stupid as they are the most unprofessional team in world sport. Plus he came off surgery after his season at parra not to mention all the other shit he had going on.

If Foran is not fit 100% after 4 months of rehab and training by rd1 then someone is not doing there job. He didnt have surgery so no excuses.
Yh your still missing the point, suit yourself.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im missing the point because you dont a point. Its pretty simple if his not 100% fit after 4 months of training then theres a problem.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im missing the point because you dont a point. Its pretty simple if his not 100% fit after 4 months of training then theres a problem.
Exactly, there is a problem! That's why the club won't rush him back. The average player would have have been back to full duty by now. Forans timeline isn't going to follow the average players.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really think our entire season is now in the hands of Kieran Foran. If we can get him fit and he can control our attack like the Kieran Foran of his early 20's at Manly then the sky is the limit.
Foran is a true footballer but his fitness is an enormous ??. Pray to the football Gods people and do it every day for the next 10 months.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He looks 100x fitter in the instagram stories and posts compared to how he looked at the warriors. Looks solid and healthy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kieran Foran is the best 5/8 in the NRL. It doesnt really matter how long it takes to get fit. He will be a revelation at the dogs.
As a precaution, I would have Cleeland as 1/2, and Brown on the bench, just in case.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kieran Foran is the best 5/8 in the NRL. It doesnt really matter how long it takes to get fit. He will be a revelation at the dogs.
As a precaution, I would have Cleeland as 1/2, and Brown on the bench, just in case.
"Best 5/8 in the NRL" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sleepy::tearsofjoy:

That is absolutely laughable, that's nothing more than a blatant lie. Foran isn't the best anything in the NRL anymore, unless we have suddenly gone back in time to his Manly days. Morgan is arguably the best 5/8 in the game, Foran isn't even in the discussions atm.

For a bloke you have such massive wraps on, you seem to know very little about him. Foran has always been best playing as the halfback, the number on his back was irrelevant.

At Manly when he was at his best, he was the one calling the shots, organising the play, etc, not DCE. DCE's drop in form was a direct result of losing the leadership and game management of Foran, again another thing proving Forans ability as halfback.

I suggest you also go back and look at some highlights, Foran always played closer to the ruck with Stewart on his outside playing the role of 5/8. Foran had the vision to count numbers and spot weaknesses in the defence very quickly, that's why he got the ball early as the halfback and moved the ball where it needed to go, whether it be from his direct running or crisp passing.

Foran will play halfback for us whenever he's fit, nobody else. I don't know why you continue to name someone else when Foran is clearly the best and most suited player at the club atm to do it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks 100x fitter in the instagram stories and posts compared to how he looked at the warriors. Looks solid and healthy.
I spoke to him at the training day last week and while I didn't run a measure over his hammies, the rest of him looked super fit. There's not an ounce of fat on him and he looks bigger than the bloke I saw on TV last season. It really is only his legs that he needs to get in order. The rest of him seems tip top. It was good to see him getting around with the other senior players this week as well. He obviously is doing his best to build relationships with the old heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.