News Kieran Foran vows to beat injury curse and return early for Bulldogs

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not having a go at ya but I never mentioned any of the other muppets... let’s be real here if we are so called rebuilding Foran won’t be part of the bigger picture. As much as his mind wants to play like the old Foran it ain’t gona happen his to injury prone. People are saying stop mentioning his pay lol isn’t that the major issue we have atm. Our cap? We are in a shithole as it is and some people are happy to see this guy run around for 3-4 games a year on $1mil of our cap when we could use that money on another half or Hooker thAt can last the season. I swear I don’t get some people here lol
Saying it aint gunna happen is an opinion or a guess its part of the future and I really hope your proven wrong ,if commitment helps he will be back playing like he did last game !

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The injury on the weekend was unlucky and would’ve happened to anyone. Legs just aren’t meant to be put in that position under that sort of weight.
Yes, it was unlucky.....but use your common sense and look at the number of injuries he has sustained in recent years and the amount of time he has spent on the sidelines. If you blew into his knee joint the damn thing would probably give way. He is not a good investment and is chewing up valuable cap space. Even at his best he isn't worth what he is on. Average recovery time for syndesmosis injury is 6-8 weeks, btw....last year he sat out most of the season due to an injured toe. Injuries happen, but Foran spends much more time injured than most and tends to get serious injuries which take a long time to heal.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That will still count that on the cap. He has to get medically retired which isn’t happening or released in the same way Woods and Mbye were and as you say no clubs will be very keen on him. He will be here till the end of his contract.
Not if he willingly retires. He wouldn't be the first player to retire before a contract has finished. In that case, the contract is void. You're probably right that the NRl would be suspicious he had been pushed to make the decision if we just offer him an off field role for the same money, though. Not like he needs the money anyway. he could retire, take an off field role for significantly less and still never have to worry about the price of electricity. I think it's more about him being determined to prove he can do it rather than the money. I don't think he's a bad guy or is playing on out of greed, but I do think he's in denial.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not sure about the stat but how many games has the guy played for us since we signed him?
If Foran is out for the next 10 weeks he will have played 15 out of 38 possible games with the Bulldogs. 39% played.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You asked: "What exactly is the re occurring injury/weakness that has you thinking that his body is not in tip top shape?"
And I told you it was a back injury. So why are you now trying to pretend that you asked about a syndesmosis injury?
I hope this helps
I'm not pretending anything. His back issue is being managed and managed very well judging by his performances, not just this year but last year as well. Like I suspect that almost every NRL player has something that needs special attention in preparation and recovery. If we ruled out players that were carrying something there wouldn't be anyone playing.

The question at hand is what has his back issue contributed to the syndesmosis injury, which I think everyone knows is zero. Same as his toe ligaments requiring surgery last year, nothing at all to do with his back.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not like he needs the money anyway. he could retire, take an off field role for significantly less and still never have to worry about the price of electricity.
I'm not so sure about that, he did have a severe gambling problem, reported to have lost a lot of money, a not insubstantial cost of his overseas rehab clinic, ongoing payments to his previous partner with 2 children, plus paying for his wife with 6 children. I think he needs as much money as he can make for as long as his football career lasts.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, he did have a severe gambling problem, reported to have lost a lot of money, a not insubstantial cost of his overseas rehab clinic, ongoing payments to his previous partner with 2 children, plus paying for his wife with 6 children. I think he needs as much money as he can make for as long as his football career lasts.

Go Dogs
I’m sure his old man could cover all those costs with the loose change in his car ashtray.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran is out for the next 10 weeks he will have played 15 out of 38 possible games with the Bulldogs. 39% played.
Point proven.... which other $1mil player in the league has stats like that?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Go Dogs
His old man is absolutely loaded, mate. I don't think he needs the coin, regardless of his past gambling issues and parental payments. He could have an executive position at Walmart if he wanted it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok so to add a fact to the convo and I was interested myself,

Kieran has played 15 games for us out of a possible 29 (26 games per season plus 3 this year) that's 51%. Out of those 15 we won 4 games. 12 games played last season and 3 games this season so far. 17 for the Warriors in 2017 and 9 for the Parradikheads in 2016. The 6 seasons prior to that he had played almost every game for Manly barring 3-4 games per season.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/kieran-foran/

I said it before that I have backed him since day dot but as a person who works in realtime information and making decisions based on that. The financial investment is not supported by the game time and as someone rightly said above, at a club who is Salary Cap challenged it's a really poor return.

Someone else said above too that he could be our worse signing ever. Dorothy will always have that mantle IMO, atleast Kieran is injured Dorothy played and still gave less.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think the NRL will allow that? Of course not. Every team would do that to get around the cap if it was allowed. You can’t just release someone from their contract and then pay them off the cap.
Allow what? If a player retires and quit what’s wrong with that? How did Holmes so called quit nrl and get away with ripping up his contract. He wants to come back and play if he doesn’t make nfl.... if foran retires early and quits end of year nrl can not say shit about it. Again not having a crack at ya just making my perspective clear

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Allow what? If a player retires and quit what’s wrong with that? How did Holmes so called quit nrl and get away with ripping up his contract. He wants to come back and play if he doesn’t make nfl.... if foran retires early and quits end of year nrl can not say shit about it. Again not having a crack at ya just making my perspective clear
Any one involved in NRL clubs have to be registered so they aren’t going to allow Foran to be paid a million a year to be a assistant coach.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
this is also my biggest issue with the cronulla cap saga they 100% with all intentions wanted him on the books this season, but he left... remember how they were supposedly meant to lose a player... NRL's slogan 'rules for some, rules for others'

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one involved in NRL clubs have to be registered so they aren’t going to allow Foran to be paid a million a year to be a assistant coach.
I’m pretty sure our club can pay Foran to be a waiter manager at the leagues club for $1mil??? lol

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His old man is absolutely loaded, mate. I don't think he needs the coin, regardless of his past gambling issues and parental payments. He could have an executive position at Walmart if he wanted it.
Lol his old man won’t get him a job... actually him and his old man have some differences.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure our club can pay Foran to be a waiter manager at the leagues club for $1mil??? lol
Yeah they can but while he has a contract it’s included on the cap.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really? Why? Is his old man a Bulldogs supporter? Lol
Just differences not related to football. And won’t be able to get a job at Walmart due to the political nature of that scenario

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuk me people who think they know other players personal lives, like the foran father-son relationship

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Point proven.... which other $1mil player in the league has stats like that?
None... Hes also played less than 50% of games in all of 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. This is his normal form. Its not taking away from his hard work, its just reality.