News Kieran Foran vows to beat injury curse and return early for Bulldogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury’s million-dollar playmaker Kieran Foran has vowed to prove his worth to the Bulldogs despite facing three months on the sidelines after surgery to repair syndesmosis.

In an indication of his determination and desire to make it back early, Foran returned to Belmore to begin rehab on Wednesday morning less about 18 hours after having his operation.

It was a shocking blow for the Dogsafter Foran’s man-of-the-match performance in Sunday’s upset victory over the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown.

“This isn’t going to stop me,” Foran said. “I’m determined to get back out there as quickly as I possibly can.”

Foran, 28, has had a shocking run with injuries in recent years.

In 2016, he played only nine games for the Parramatta Eels and 17 for the Warriors the following season.

He missed more than a dozen matches for the Bulldogs last year and now faces another 10 to 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Kieran Foran on the treatment table at Belmore a day after ankle surgery. Image: Bulldogs Digital.
“I’m not going to let it get me down and I’m straight into my rehab,” Foran said.

“I was unlucky. It was just the way my foot got caught when I scored.”

Foran had surgery late on Tuesday afternoon but was back at Belmore at 9am with the rest of the squad.

“There’s no point sitting around home,” he said. “I’m keen to get cracking.

“We’ve got a great vibe around the club at the moment. Mate, I honestly love it here. It’s a great joint to play footy.

“I love the enthusiasm of all the younger boys who are so eager to get better. It’s a great environment for me to be in.”

It’s a tough break after Foran’s good form to start the season. Image: Phil Hillyard
Previous injury setbacks have affected Foran more than most.

His old mental health issues have been well documented but the personal resolve this time has never been stronger.

He still firmly believes he has another five years of NRL football ahead of him, having seen the achievements of old champions Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston in recent years when they were well into their 30s.

“I’m not going to let this get me down,” he said. “I’ve done all the hard yards in the off-season and I can still come back and make something of the year.

“It’s a long time since I felt myself again. It’s just another obstacle but I’ll bounce back.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/685063076a81b4646c799374d7ec09b5

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glassman sure has a stubborn head... from all doggies fans please medically retire. I love his passion and his will but it’s time you listen to the body and do what’s best for the club and fans. If he was on 300-400k I wouldn’t be so pissed but for 1mil the guy plays 3-4 games a year. How the fuck is that worth it from a entertainment and business point of view

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you buddy & I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery but $1.2Million in a 2.5Million roster is a lot of salary cap sitting on the sideline. I liked his game on the weekend but his recruitment is and was a massive fuck up by the incompetent arseholes that used to run this club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glassman sure has a stubborn head... from all doggies fans please medically retire. I love his passion and his will but it’s time you listen to the body and do what’s best for the club and fans. If he was on 300-400k I wouldn’t be so pissed but for 1mil the guy plays 3-4 games a year. How the fuck is that worth it from a entertainment and business point of view
He can’t just medically retire.....it has to be a new injury that makes him not be able to play football anymore and even then it might not get through insurance. The only other option is Foran walking away from his contract and giving up his money and that just isn’t going to happen.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a ridiculous insensitive thing to say. You dont speak on behalf of all Bulldogs fans. Sure as hell not me. The guy is busting his ass to do his job.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ya know.. I was always keen to get him to the doggs when it was always rumoured etc.. but then when we did finally get foz I have to admit I wasn’t very happy..

But after his effort and the heart he showed An is showing now through injury I wish him all the best.!! And as long as he plays for and wears the mighty blue and white BULLDOGS jersey I will give him my full support. Don’t care what others think.

He’s here, he plays for this club and that’s it !! Good luck foz and hope ya back sooner rather than later mate :grinning:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a strong will and wants to prove a point. But is proving the point to himself fair on a team with alot of money tied up on him. He's not got 5 years of footy left in him, he's kidding himself if he believes that.

Even if he comes back in 10 weeks the season is over halfway done and will most likely be over. On the flip side if Cogger and Lewis do really well together he shouldn't be a walk up start despite his salary.

I get the injury could have happened to anyone but it's getting harder to justify on field time vs money being paid to him.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Wishing him a speedy recovery, I tend to agree this injury was a little unlucky. 10 weeks will go by pretty quickly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many more times over the next two seasons will we be subjected to these same stories and quotes?

He's tough, it's not his fault he gets paid as much as he does and he seems like a good bloke who I feel sorry for regarding his injury history..

But that doesn't change that our football club is significantly worse off having a player who earns a million a year sit on the sidelines so often and cause such disruption to the team whenever he's injured or coming back etc.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Foran was a racehorse, he woulda been taken around the back a long time ago

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I've supported him since day dot!

Advantages: Experience, tough, great attitude and inspirational. Disadvantages: Always injured and taking up marquee money in the salary cap.

I think he is awesome to have around the club but at what point do we call it a day? You just can't have marquee money sitting on the sideline most of the season every single year. it's just getting stupid now. He should retire and work for the club. Isn't this the definition of insanity?

I really do hope he get's well soon.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Speak for yourself champ, I’d rather pay him, than have some of the other muppets we just got rid of.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that Edrick Lee in the pictures in the background?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to stop crying about how much money his on. Get the fuck over it. How many times do we need to listen to his on million dollars a season and we get nothing out of him. Its done thats it get over it stop crying about it. There is nothing me you or anyone can do about it. Only thing we can do is support him. His here for at least another 1 year after this year.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course he does his got a million dollar deal on the table nxt yr

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Back to training less than 24 hours after going under the knife

Commitment

Unluggy with this particular injury