Kieran Foran signs with the Bulldogs for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2.3 over three years is 750k (give or take)...

Any "incentives" ontop of that would be pure speculation on my behalf
The problem is the "including TPA" part.

I hate when this is quoted in a deal 'cause it either means that the club breached the salary cap or it means nothing at all. If we signed Foran for $750k per season including TPA then we breached the salary cap by including TPA in the deal. What we signed Foran for is what we signed him for without TPA.

Of course there'll be third party companies that will say "I'll give you money if you play for the Bulldogs" but it's still not the club signing the agreement and has nothing to do with what we signed the player for.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was 100% sure before making those statements and
Printing it in the papers
I assume he is very close to either a player manager or somebody
extremely high up in the club.
Still find it puzzling how our CEO quoted that nothing was signed.
Did she just straight out lie.
Most probably I would have denied this until it was a done deal as well.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A massive coup and RaeRae, Rae dibs and Desaster deserve credit for it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent just said raelene was kept out of the loop in signing foran and it was our board that did the deal.

Lol what a CEO
Wouldn't read too much into that. Could have been delicate negotiations with just Des and Ray. I am sure Raelene would have been updated behind the scenes. If true he met with us just last year then I doubt he'd be going through the process of meeting everyone again.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Paul Kent just said raelene was kept out of the loop in signing foran and it was our board that did the deal.

Lol what a CEO
Wrong buddy.It was the other way around.The board told ray,castle and des to deal with Foran's signing as most of them opposed it based on what happened last time.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is the "including TPA" part.

I hate when this is quoted in a deal 'cause it either means that the club breached the salary cap or it means nothing at all. If we signed Foran for $750k per season including TPA then we breached the salary cap by including TPA in the deal. What we signed Foran for is what we signed him for without TPA.

Of course there'll be third party companies that will say "I'll give you money if you play for the Bulldogs" but it's still not the club signing the agreement and has nothing to do with what we signed the player for.
Dude... i didnt see the contract. The words directly from someone who would know after i asked "surely we didnt pay 3 mil for him"... he winked and said " dont worry (title) he will be getting around the 2.3 mark)"...

Believe me, after what i helped him with he wouldnt lie to me (those who know my job understand)

So i have no reason not to believe him. Unless you can actually prove otherwise, ill stick with that amount. The rest is rumour and speculation

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is it fair to say that "tomorrow " has finally arrived ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude... i didnt see the contract. The words directly from someone who would know after i asked "surely we didnt pay 3 mil for him"... he winked and said " dont worry (title) he will be getting around the 2.3 mark)"...

Believe me, after what i helped him with he wouldnt lie to me (those who know my job understand)

So i have no reason not to believe him. Unless you can actually prove otherwise, ill stick with that amount. The rest is rumour and speculation
I agree with the $2.3 Mil thing, just not the TPA thing. I mean, it's possible that it's $2.3 with TPA but it's more likely $2.3 + TPA

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the $2.3 Mil thing, just not the TPA thing. I mean, it's possible that it's $2.3 with TPA but it's more likely $2.3 + TPA
Even if its 2.3 under the cap. Still great price if you ask me

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the Des Hasler interview on it. The interview went for about 10 minutes and all Des said was "Foran will be at the Bulldogs"

The rest was "ahh... Err... Ahh... Ummm... Ahh"
Haha fuck I love when he does it, kinda love the sloppy communication mr Des gives out to the media.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrong buddy.It was the other way around.The board told ray,castle and des to deal with Foran's signing as most of them opposed it based on what happened last time.
Well to be exact, Paul Kent said that Ray Dib handled the contract and kept raelene out of the loop

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My sauce told me that he got $750K per season plus 7x KIA's (about $250K total value).
One KIA to change every day....:p
So, there is your $1Million per season....

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My sauce told me that he got $750K per season plus 7x KIA's (about $250K total value).
One KIA to change every day....:p
So, there is your $1Million per season....
Lucky **** probably gets that new Kia stinger that's gonna be quicker than a hsv [emoji12]

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no one knows the real contract unless it is confirmed via the NRL. i am being told a different figure from a player manager also, the deal being back ended.
all speculation at this stage.
Exactly. So why doesn't everyone enjoy the signing. Not worry about the cap or dollars and pray Foran's body/mind hold up!

Status
Not open for further replies.