Kicking game

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to import or develop a kicking game pronto.
With an effective kicking game today, we Control the contest and win the game.

It is a glaring deficiency in our make up and has been for too long.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im convinced Des puts 0 effort into our kicking game lol

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I like Mbye and would love to see him become our full time half, he doesn't solve our kicking game issue.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought Reynolds' long kicking game was good.. It's just that I dunno what we can do when we are in that grey zone (5th and were 10 or 20 in).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't the halves coach Matt Orford, would he be the one working on the kicking game?

If he is imo Des needs to stop hiring the old Manly boys and get someone in who can help develop Moses properly.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To rub salt into that wound, I heard the other day that we conceed the most tries of any team from kicks. Can't fkn win!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To rub salt into that wound, I heard the other day that we conceed the most tries of any team from kicks. Can't fkn win!
Is this when Thompson play on the wing lol?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a problem we are going to have to have for at least this season and next. Trent used to have a decent kicking game but as his knees have gone so has his kicking game. Reynolds and Mbye don't have a good kicking game and that won't change next season either. To be honest i would have liked to see Mbye/Sezer combo, one with a good running game and one with a good kicking game. Instead we are either going to go with a bung knee/running half combo or running half/running half combo next season. Either way no kicking game.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is a problem we are going to have to have for at least this season and next. Trent used to have a decent kicking game but as his knees have gone so has his kicking game. Reynolds and Mbye don't have a good kicking game and that won't change next season either. To be honest i would have liked to see Mbye/Sezer combo, one with a good running game and one with a good kicking game. Instead we are either going to go with a bung knee/running half combo or running half/running half combo next season. Either way no kicking game.
Its not only that we dont have a kicking game the bigger problem is there is no pressure when we put a chip or bomb up we just let them get the ball

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no tactics in our kicks. We just boot the ball without thought, and hope for the best. Really good kickers have the ability to see whether a player is out of position, and vary between a bomb and a grubber kick into the in-goal. Good support players are always ready to back up the kick.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone can kick a ball (even my grandma).

Not everyone can kick a ball with purpose.

Not everyone can kick a ball with purpose on the spot and know where there team mates are at that point.

Reynolds tried the banana kick yesterday and it *almost* came off. In the Raiders game he was nailing his kicks too.

I think we need to kick smarter. Kick to the side of the field, and keep sides pinned, rather than keeping the ball in play. That slows down the faster fullbacks.

Also what about if they rush in defence, chips through the line for Mbye or Morris?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez Mbye and seizer would be a good combo ..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone can kick a ball (even my grandma).

Not everyone can kick a ball with purpose.

Not everyone can kick a ball with purpose on the spot and know where there team mates are at that point.

Reynolds tried the banana kick yesterday and it *almost* came off. In the Raiders game he was nailing his kicks too.

I think we need to kick smarter. Kick to the side of the field, and keep sides pinned, rather than keeping the ball in play. That slows down the faster fullbacks.

Also what about if they rush in defence, chips through the line for Mbye or Morris?
I reckon if Bmoz was chasing that banana kick he would of scored, Pez just wasn't quick enough for it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reckon it wouldn't matter who we had in the team the kicking game would be the same. Des is coaching it the way it happens.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye and Seizer

Geez Mbye and seizer would be a good combo ..
I heard on the TV yesterday that Seizer was keen to come back to the dogs but we weren't interested as we have more halves than we need. I don't know where?? I think Seizer showed what a great long kicking game can do. We were on top on several occasions and looked likely to run away with the game but Seizer was able to turn momentum with his kicking game. We struggled in that area yesterday. Reynolds seems to be able to find the side line on occasions but they are usually shorter kicks about 30 meters. I hope Mbye will be able to develop his kicking game as it is something we are missing at the moment.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our shit kicking nearly lost us the dragons game.
Our kicking game is a bigger threat to ourselves than it is the opposition. FFS this has to be an area that is worked on. With a half decent kicking game we put 50
On the Panfers tonight

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mbye was quite tonight 1 kick out on the full and 2 bombs that went backwards

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye kicks were poor tonight, thought Reynolds kicks were not to bad!!! Something to work on

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They are improving, its better than having none as we have with Hokko plus players still getting use to chasing kicks that do postive things lol

Status
Not open for further replies.