Tries from kicks - Ranked 15th

One of our glaring issues

Not premiership winning material

Bring in Shifty as a kicking coach
Who is 16th?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This will come back and bite us in the arse eventually.

Teams that actually use their kicks as an attacking threat, rather than a means to hand the ball back to the other side, will invariably score more points and win more games. Doesn't matter how well you tackle, all it takes is a shitty kick which takes a bad bounce, or poor defensive read, and you're a couple of tries behind.
Given our try scoring prowess in recent GFs we've played, that would be enough to put us to bed.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I expected no different.
With our tactic of running on the last, we were never going to be in the top half of those stats.
Not certain, why this makes us any less premiership material ?
In fact, if we won it this year, there'd probably be 3 more teams next year doing the same thing. (Like after 2012, when every forward became kimmorley)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
basically telling us how bad our halves are which are the major factor for any successful winning team who is a threat to premiership.

yet some how we are 3rd on the ladder.

if our halves can improve the areas of concern just by tiny little bit, we will win the grand final.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not surprising, josh and mbye have arguably the worst kicking game in the competition.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised we aren't last to be honest.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
basically telling us how bad our halves are which are the major factor for any successful winning team who is a threat to premiership.

if our halves can improve the areas of concern just by tiny little bit, we will win the grand final.
If we had good halves .. shut the gate it would be our premiership to lose

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mybe has a good short kicking game but josh......
Josh has a way better long kicking game plus he actually atempts to find the ball (even if he sometimes looks clueless with the ball). Mbye only finds it when he wants to run but passes when we need him to kick on the 5th.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Attacking Kicks - Ranked 15th
Forced Dropouts - Ranked 15th

One of our glaring issues

Not premiership winning material

Bring in Shifty as a kicking coach
Sammy Perrett has the technique.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

We are 4th,
But I get your point

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh has a way better long kicking game plus he actually atempts to find the ball (even if he sometimes looks clueless with the ball). Mbye only finds it when he wants to run but passes when we need him to kick on the 5th.
I agree. Josh's long kicking game is actually decent. He actually bothers to look up in front of him. When I see Mbye go a long range kick, its always a default bomb. Reynolds keeps it low, and finds grass, and nearly always follows up with a chase.

Mbye can slot them into the in goal, but even then, I think Josh's long kick game QUALITY is better than Mbye's short kick game.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Attacking Kicks - Ranked 15th
Forced Dropouts - Ranked 15th
Incredible stuff. Mastercoach Des is ia shoo in for the Dally M consistency award.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You've been pretty spot on with your picks recently, do you think we can win or will the broncos continue the upset trend this round?
I am really undecided and baffled that Broncos opened up as big favs. My tipping comps majority all riding Broncos too.

I usually confirm tips thurs morning after doing some 'study' but my gut with us picking up an ugly win

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You've been pretty spot on with your picks recently, do you think we can win or will the broncos continue the upset trend this round?
I cant see us matching Broncos in attack if Milford plays..though if we can beat them il change my opinion about this teams premiership chances

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am really undecided and baffled that Broncos opened up as big favs. My tipping comps majority all riding Broncos too.

I usually confirm tips thurs morning after doing some 'study' but my gut with us picking up an ugly win
Broncos were favs to beat the storm after we flogged them and then they got flogged by the storm. I think everyone is expecting them to return to 2015 form.

After they beat the rabbits they were favourites to beat Penrith at Suncorp as well

Status
Not open for further replies.