News Kerrod Holland on mission to silence armchair critics

Reaction score
Kerrod Holland is on a mission to prove the armchair critics wrong. “Are they saying I am getting axed?’’ Holland said. “Geez that is a hard call.’’

Many claim the Bulldogs winger-come-centre was lucky to survive Dean Pay’s cull in response to the Bulldogs’ horror season start. With the Bulldogs conceding 76 points in two first-up floggings, Marcelo Montoya, Ray Faitala-Mariner, Christian Crichton, Danny Fualalo and Sauaso Sue were all dumped to the Canterbury Cup. Kerrod Holland was surprised by calls for his axing.

Many said Holland should have been dumped too. “There is no spot cemented in the team when you are not winning,’’ Holland said. “Everyone is on the chopping block but I am trying to play good consistent football and aiming to stay here. I want to be playing first grade week in-and-week-out. I want to cement this spot.’’ After making his Bulldogs debut on the wing in 2016, Holland is attempting to win a permanent spot in the Canterbury three-quarter line. He this week beat Montoya to a starting spot after William Hopoate was switched from fullback to give Nick Meaney his Bulldogs debut. Holland says he’ll improve with his edge switch.

“I’d rather play centre than wing,’’ Holland said. “I have played more centre than wing in my career. The biggest adjustment for me is moving from the right side to the left. I am still working on the combination both inside and outside in both defence and attack. It is something that will come.’’ The Bulldogs are trying to distance themselves from the dire predictions that have been made after their diabolic start.

Now short odds to win the wooden spoon, the Bulldogs have been accused of fielding a reserve grade standard side. “We would like to be 2-and-0 but we are not,’’ Holland said. “Like any professional sportsman I hate to lose. It is no fun being 0-and-2.’’ Some have also predicted the Bulldogs might not win a match until they play the also struggling Sea Eagles in round 10. “It is one of the toughest competitions in the world,’’ Holland said. “There are no easy games. I don’t think it is that far off. We started really well against the Eels and we were leading the game. We conceded a couple of tries of mistakes and just let them back into the game. If you give any side ball like that they can score tries on you.’’ Holland said he and his teammates were hopeful of ending the talk by upsetting the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown on Sunday.

“We aren’t going into any game thinking we are just trying to get through the 80-minutes,’’ Holland said. “We are going out there to win. We just need to capitalise on the things we build because we didn’t do that after the first 30 minutes against Parramatta. We are lucky that we get a chance on Sunday to make up for that. We must do the things we didn’t do in that game and we might get our first win.’’

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIHCgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw1632QsaXJdNkY3Ucy4_YLK

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanna see our centres fending, where does it say you have to submit to a tackle?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The way he fucking plays it's like he sits in an armchair on the field.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times have us supporters heard players from this team talk themselves up and the next game they do fuck all, how about do your talking on the field for once, it will be a fucking miracle if any one of these players talk themselves up with something to prove and actually go out on game day and kill it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"The biggest adjustment for me is moving from the right side to the left".

I still do not understand why he is on the left side. He was solid next to Reimis Smith
This

That’s on the coach

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s been the worst defender in the backline bar none so far in 2019

But

Why did Pay switch him when he was just gaining confidence and ended 2018 on the other edge on fire

The Pay fan boys on here have come up with a million excuses for the coach but this (and JJ moved) is just one case in point of bad coaching

He just keeps making blunders and a lot of them can be prevented if he just stopped trying to reinvent the wheel

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score

But

Why did Pay switch him when he was just gaining confidence and ended 2018 on the other edge on fire

The Pay fan boys on here have come up with a million excuses for the coach but this (and JJ moved) is just one case in point of bad coaching

He just keeps making blunders and a lot of them can be prevented if he just stopped trying to reinvent the wheel
You didn’t seem to think it was bad coaching in the trial vs Canberra when Jackson and Holland carved up on the left.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

But

yeah that all happened cos we dont have klemmer and morris boys any more.

when are you going to get this it is not Pay's fault. we have no klemmer and no morris boys and thats the only reason we got arse raped twice in the first two weeks and more to come today.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You didn’t seem to think it was bad coaching in the trial vs Canberra when Jackson and Holland carved up on the left.
You mean the 40 mins

The game goes for 80 and I’ve had 160 minutes to see something alarming that can be covered up in a 40 min trial

Next