Kent vs Bellamy

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is though, with the touch footy six again crap, there's nowhere near as much wrestling as the game is so fast and the refs are so trigger happy. So Kent ranting about this now instead of five years ago where it was more of an issue just proves what an agenda and vendetta he has against Bellamy.

As you said, every club did it. Des, Madge, Flanagan, Arthur, Robinson etc were also the kings of getting their teams to work everyone over.
Good point re speed of the game and I agree, everyone should have been on their soap box yeas ago to rid the game of this crap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good point re speed of the game and I agree, everyone should have been on their soap box yeas ago to rid the game of this crap.
3rd April 2014

In his recent column, Paul Kent called on the NRL to address the manner in which wrestling has changed the tackle in rugby league.

A decade ago “wrestling began to infiltrate, a foul odour,” Kent wrote.

“Rather than tackle the traditional way — knocking a player over as he ran at you — coaches began teaching ‘catching’ instead of ‘hitting’…

“Despite this stain the NRL allowed the wrestling to continue, preferring to apply band-aids whenever a club came up with a ‘grapple’, a ‘crusher’, a ‘chicken wing’ or a ‘rolling pin’, all of which quite clearly injured players …

I'm not Kent fan, but he wrote that 7 years ago, so yes he was on his "soap box years ago".

Go Dogs

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I can't stand Kent and the way he carries on is absurd. He's the angriest man in the world. He must have a 3mm cock.

Even if he has a point about Bellamy and Melbourne's tactics over the years, the attacks are so over the top and he's lucky he still has a job. Fox's coverage is unbearable. Almost as much as 9's.. Outside of Voss, Read, Ennis, Benji and Graham none of them have a clue and just talk complete shit.

The standard of coverage and journalism in the NRL is diabolical at the moment.
Try watching the fairies who commentate on the afl and youl thank fuck your an NRL supporter

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't stand Kent and the way he carries on is absurd. He's the angriest man in the world. He must have a 3mm cock.

Even if he has a point about Bellamy and Melbourne's tactics over the years, the attacks are so over the top and he's lucky he still has a job. Fox's coverage is unbearable. Almost as much as 9's.. Outside of Voss, Read, Ennis, Benji and Graham none of them have a clue and just talk complete shit.

The standard of coverage and journalism in the NRL is diabolical at the moment.
3mm fucking lol
Probably still bigger than half the regulars on nrl 360