1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Kennel's thoughts on KryptoKurrency

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FreshSoulL, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Haza

Haza Forum Regular

Crypto market is alive again after a major manipulation in the markets.

2. Dawgfather

Dawgfather Immortal

If it truly 'crashes' like I expect it to, I agree, plenty of people will be aiming to hold on in the hope of riding the bust but that would be an awful situation to be in.

If the bubble bursts because of one (or a combination) of the following:

- Governments regulate it out of value;
    - Governments ban it;
    - Banks regulate it out of value;
    - Investors see crypto-currency crashing and panic and flood the markets; and/or
    - Investors come to a conclusion that there is inherently no value in the currency and pull out to the point where it does not hold any value.

Then attempting to hold on or buy in to the dropping price would be like trying to catch a falling knife.

The other thing I've been thinking about lately is the lack of barriers to entry. There is essentially nothing stopping anyone from creating additional currencies and creating competition for bitcoin or any of the other existing currencies.

At least with a 'real' currency, you have the law behind you preventing anyone other than the reserve/central bank from printing cash and creating currency.

The only way I see any future for these currencies is if they accept significant regulation (read: huge costs and less privacy which is the main selling point of crypto currency) and if they are able to carve themselves out a market as a payment platform.

If anyone was smart enough to buy in before this became mainstream then they will have already made huge profits and hopefully are smart enough to sell out before people actually realise there is no value in the investment (however, I am sure history will repeat, people will get greedy and suffer the consequences).

3. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

A mate of mine owns a multi million dollar it company pretty clever dude posted this about bitcoin-

You have to be kidding me.. What is wrong with the world? Are we all that 'hyped up' about Bitcoin, that we are too stupid to actually read what we are buying?
    Someone created a FAKE Initial Coin Offering (ICO), put up warnings NOT to buy the Coins and he still managed to sell $300,000.00 of coins due to people not know what they are doing, and or just wanting to get 'IN' on the Bitcoin 'trend
    If you don't Invest on a daily / weekly basis, If you don't have a financial planner and if you don't understand BitCoin, please do me a favour and don't touch Bitcoin. It will endly badly for you, and you will lose money :(

https://uetoken.com/ This site, is very much proof of that!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

I might set up a cryptocurrency and call it RERHS (rooster eggs & Rocking Horse Shit). Because once people realize what they are buying I'll feel satisfied that I didn't deceive them with the false information that they're buying something real.

5. Indiandog

Indiandog Immortal Gilded

lol

that is all.

6. rainman

rainman Immortal

I just don't get it

7. Indiandog

Indiandog Immortal Gilded

don't worry, just stick with RVR and you will be alright

thanks to me 8-)

8. rainman

rainman Immortal

How can I ever repay you, let's hope we meat up one day !

9. rainman

rainman Immortal

image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nabsolutely Fabulous

Nabsolutely Fabulous Previously Sxc_Boi69 Gilded

I once bought 12k fifa points in a fit of rage early one morning and then cried myself to sleep.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hacky McAxe

Hacky McAxe Immortal Gilded

• Like Like x 1
  12. N4TE

N4TE DogsRhavnaParty

It's pretty interesting your pretty much using computers to solve harder and harder mathematical problems adding to the blockchain. The longer it goes on the harder they get andbthe more time equipment and energy it takes unlock a Coin. A lot more to it than that but it's worth reading up about it. Individuals can't make money of mining theses days.

13. Mitch Connor

Mitch Connor Super Moderator Staff Member

I might be more lost now haha.

However, I gave my housemate $15 to chuck in Ripple. I'm in the market haha.

14. Haza

Haza Forum Regular

So you’ve got yourself about 11 ripple at the moment.

15. Armchair critic

Armchair critic Desball 4 life

I'm sick of everyone thinking it's easy just to pump your money into bit coin and get rich.

Sorry, but refer to the gods and clods talk Kyle gets from his dad in South park.

Not everyone can be a millionaire.

If we were all millionaires a loaf of bread would cost $2500