Keating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I'm impressed by our halves this year. They are doing the job required by their coach. They may not be the flashy types, but when you want someone in the trenches with you doing the hard work, our current players fit the bill. I just fear that Pearce is over-rated and won't bring to us the game we require. The tough one.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Why does every thread about Keating descend into a discussion of his potential replacements? We are winning and when we were winning he was an important part of those successes. He haas done nothing but exceed our expectations. Yes we need ot plan for the future but we have Hodkinson and really with Sammy and Graham both playing extra half back roles how would a dominant half fit in?

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keating will extend his old pals act

KRIS Keating will extend his halves partnership with lifelong mate Josh Reynolds after verbally agreeing to a new two-year deal with Canterbury this week.
If I had heard this news this time last year, I would've been spewing! I'll happily admit that I wasn't a fan of Keating, but he has proven me wrong this year and I'm happy that they've extended his stay with us. Credit where credit is due - des and kris himself have worked very hard on his game, and both the Bulldogs and Keating are reaping the rewards of this.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does every thread about Keating descend into a discussion of his potential replacements? We are winning and when we were winning he was an important part of those successes. He haas done nothing but exceed our expectations. Yes we need ot plan for the future but we have Hodkinson and really with Sammy and Graham both playing extra half back roles how would a dominant half fit in?
A very good question. And the answer is: "We don't need one!".

Both Keating and Reynolds are very good players and an integral part of the Bulldogs present and foreseeable future. What we do need are competant replacements for both of them who have a proven record at half and five eighth for their absences caused by injury or rep duties

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A very good question. And the answer is: "We don't need one!".

Both Keating and Reynolds are very good players and an integral part of the Bulldogs present and foreseeable future. What we do need are competant replacements for both of them who have a proven record at half and five eighth for their absences caused by injury or rep duties
i agree - with rumours that Romelo is being scouted by other clubs, and Hodko's injury history the last few years, we need suitable replacements that will be able to fill in if or when needed and minimise the void left by the players.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pearce craps all over keating. I still havent seen keating put a forward or centre through a hole he has created. Furthermore reynolds an out forwards r making keating look good. My blind nan would fire behind our pack this year!

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lolll where did u get that pic from

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I had my strong criticisms about KK last year but ever since Hodko got injured he has REALLY stepped it up and we shouldn't be looking to replace him.

Now that I think about it, I don't want to see anyone else replaced, apart from maybe Eastwood because he is a fatty now.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Romelo's defense is a lot stronger than KK's that's where he gets him

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce gets a hat trick against the dragons tonight

Barba

TANK
Reaction score