• None

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If romelo actually got more time on the field, then It'd be an obvious choice.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
a month ago I would have said Romelo for sure....not sure which way I'd go now though....I'm sure this thtread will still be around in a few weeks, so for now I'll reserve my judgment...but Keating has impressed me recently.
1 decent game in 6 weeks doesnt exactly inspire confidence

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs. Lets take last weeks game out of the equation, Parra would make a limbless monkey with an eye patch look like a superstar at this point.

I personally haven't seen KK do anything spectacular, he may make a difference, but to put it simply, KK is one of those players you don't expect much from.

Moving onto Romelo, I think some have such a positive view on him because of the fact he gets such little time on field that it reduces the chances of him making errors, when you see a player run out with 10mins to go full of energy and compare them to two dozen+ exhausted blokes who have played 60-80mins, of course it would make him look good.

You can barely compare stats when there's such an unbalanced game time between the two.

I still think Romelo will be let go at the end of the year. Hate to see him go though, but that's life.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just wondering if we lose keating who will we bag out next year

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Keating by a mile, If Keating wasn't at the club this year we would have been screwed after Hodkinson's injury. No, Cutler isn't a reliable replacement nor is Barba 6 Reynolds 7.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After hodkos injury bulldogs won 2 games against titans and eels
thats still considered screwed

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1 decent game in 6 weeks doesnt exactly inspire confidence

Really don't think he has been bad this year...he has taken wrong options at times but has been nowhere near as bad as last year. The side has looked a hell of a lot more fluent since he has come in than on the day Hodko went down and we had Romelo in the halves, that's for sure.

In terms of utility value I think KK offers more....and there are good points in his game which are worth persevering with. It's not my decision...but I won't be pissed if we resign KK.

Then again I like Romelo and would be happy for him to stay too...trusting Des...but I think Keating has been much better for us this year than in 2011.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
After hodkos injury bulldogs won 2 games against titans and eels
thats still considered screwed
WE also pushed the form team and last year's premiers right to the brink....more wins on the way with or without Hodkinson...haha glass half full I say.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes, a back-up half. Nothing else.
Haha so quick to write him off......back up half for NOW...but hell if he improves in a few areas he could challenge Hodkinson for sure.

Sorry mate...we're all entitled to our opinions...I just don't think he has been anywhere near as bad for us this year as you do...to each their own.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Keating has played up to first grade standard the last 3 weeks at least. His kicking game is getting to be first class and was an important part of our win against the Eels and almost beating Manly. I think the issue will more likely be whether we can keep Keating. If he gets a few more games like last week under his belt he will attract the attention of other teams.

I like Romelo. Love his enthusiasm and running but he just doesn't have the skills that Keating has and we have a few alternatives at hooker. It's another case where if we had a decent reserve grade comp someone like Romelo could spend some time well paid and with dignity and be ready to step up.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
27 out of 45 voters want Joel to stay ..... the people have spoken !!!

:thumb: :becky:

Is there anyway I can post in here and have y'all take me serious ???

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
To me, this is a no contest. No disrespect intended here, Kickass Haha.

Keating any day of the week. Twice on game day. I have never understood the hype around Romelo. Don't get me wrong, he's not sht at all but he's nothing special. If Hasler insists on having a utility on the bench, then Keating has it all over Romelo. Keating beats Romelo in virtually every department. Granted Keating isn't anyone's first choice halfback but have him coming off the bench running at tiring forwards and linking up with players like Kasiano, Pritchard, Morris and Barba could make us an even better team.

I know Keating is unpopular on here to say the least, but he doesn't deserve half the sht he cops, imo. Not a first choice halfback but a brilliant impact player.
This.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Keating hasn't been too bad.

His kicking game, passing, running game have improved.

But I question his decision making on the 5th tackle inside our opps 20. In games against souFFS, Manly and Melbourne, he looks lost, doesnt know whether to kick, pass or go for it and often he makes the wrong decisions.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What has Romelo really brought to the table, including his games last year?

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keating hasn't been too bad.

His kicking game, passing, running game have improved.

But I question his decision making on the 5th tackle inside our opps 20. In games against souFFS, Manly and Melbourne, he looks lost, doesnt know whether to kick, pass or go for it and often he makes the wrong decisions.
I think they should get the ball in Ben barbas hands on the last more, he is elusive and has good vision, he always seems to create something or make the right choice. Now he has more experience, It makes me think he could play in the halfs in a pinch.. But we are better off with him at fullback because he doesn't get as beat up there.. Point being Ben Barba should get the 5th tackle ball close to the line more..

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score

Always assuming no one voted more than once.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

haha. yeh we know you heart Romelo. Most of us like him tbh. If he goes it wont be because he is a bad player or not liked. It will be because it will be hard for him to break into our current side fulltime unless injuries happen, and he deserves to be fulltime FG, and he will want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.