Keary pass off the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But they're not clearly grasping the ball. The right hand is grasping the ball, the left hand is flat under the ball. That's why I'm saying that there is some doubt and the problem with the current rules is that if there is some doubt in the video refs mind (the video ref, not us) then he has to go with the on field decision.

I'm just showing what the video ref most likely thought in his decision.
You should be a video ref.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought it was a fair pass, besides the fact it was forward but you can't blame that on the video ref

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How come fat girls are insanely hot after they lose weight?
I tend to have the opposite. I see fat chicks and think that they'd be stunning if they lost weight, then when they lose weight they just kind of look sick..

You should be a video ref.
Bugger that. Too many difficult decisions. I thought Patten was the ultimate video ref til he made that shocker of a decision against Parra last week.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because I thought he passed the ball forward but I haven't really watched a replay of that so I could be wrong

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
You cant compare which hand is holding the ball 'more'. Both hands on the ball, one forearm on the ground, hence its a tackle.

If he wanted to carry the ball with his right arm only and not have the left supporting it, he could have dropped the ball on impact of the tackle or the ground.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Specsavers have a 2 for one special maybe you can go halvies with the ref ..lol
SECTION 11: The Tackle and Play-the-ball

Sub-section 2 - A player in possession is tackled:

When tackled: Grounded - A) when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground.

When tackled: Upright - B) when he is held by one or more opposing players in such a manner that he can make no further progress and cannot part with the ball.

When tackled: Succumbing - C) when, being held by an opponent, the tackled player makes it evident that he has succumbed to the tackle and wishes to be released in order to play-the-ball.

When tackled: Hand on player already grounded - D) when he is lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him.

In other words, that rule only comes in when a player is, and I quote "Lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him"

Fortunately I already went to specsavers and got a good deal on my glasses which allows me to see things. Amazing devices they are.

Malla

Reaction score
It was a no-try for the pass off the ground and the forward pass.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets put it this way... if it was reversed and bulldogs did the same thing .. would you be pissed off if it wasn't given a try ( minus the forward pass )

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
QUOTE=indiandog;2847910]Sorry but no defender has a hand on him, unless I am blind.[/QUOTE]

Have another look mate. You can see a bulldog player lying on the ground behind, unless Sam has spontaneously sprouted a third leg and keary has an arm protruding from his behind.In all my years of watching footy should have been called back and a penalty to us as tackle is complete and arm and ball on the ground. This vision if you look at it logically shows clearly arm on ground, ball not yet passed player tackled. Case closed.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking at this ruling it would also appear that the lead up to the last South's try was suss as well. If you look at the tackle on Inglis his progress was stopped by the tackler, Inglis is actually bent over , legs apart planted squarely on the ground, tacklers arms around him. Progress stopped; no the ref let's him run a further 5 to 6 metres to be tackled on or near the try line. Ball goes left then right , South's score in corner.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he had of been tackled like that just before the line and then planted the ball over the line it would be classed as a double movement.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Fortunately I already went to specsavers and got a good deal on my glasses which allows me to see things. Amazing devices they are.
get a refund, he is lying on the ground ffs, that position is my regular sleeping configuration

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw jacoshade those rules A, B, C, D is an EITHER situation, not AND

so A is all that needs to happen, not A, B, C and D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
btw jacoshade those rules A, B, C, D is an EITHER situation, not AND

so A is all that needs to happen, not A, B, C and D
The point is "Lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him". Not hitting the ground with a hand on him. It's lying on the ground already then a hand is placed on him.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The point is "Lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him". Not hitting the ground with a hand on him. It's lying on the ground already then a hand is placed on him.
well i disagree i think he is lying there, but luckily my point is that A) for sure happened, i dont need D) for him to be lying like you claim

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When tackled: Grounded - A) when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.