Rumour Keaon Kolomantangi linked to raiders

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths were worried after he played Origin that he'd ask for a huge contract that they'd struggle to match. It seems like that might be happening.. If he's available, we need to make him a priority. We could move Preston to lock. I think Preston is better suited to that role long term anyway.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would definately take him. But I wouldn't be disappointed if Canberra get him. We should be targeting their reserve players Hohepa Puru and Trey Mooney
Nasheed here.
We don’t need reserve players I don’t think. Even if we are on the up. We need some hardened experience. My opinion anyway.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
We don’t need reserve players I don’t think. Even if we are on the up. We need some hardened experience. My opinion anyway.
He is gun 100%

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would definitely bring him in to play prop

He has the size and attributes to play prop

He has been shit this year but thats because Reynolds aint there feeding him the ball

Malla

Reaction score
He’s from the Canterbury area too. He would be awesome to have, but I think we are set with backrowers with Preston, Kikau and Salmon. Be interesting to see if Raiders would have to lose someone if they’re actually keen on him. Maybe that’s our opportunity to sign someone.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His resigning back up with souths no one wants to come to us at the moment where in shambles our club

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Luai
2. Koloamatangi
3. Fotuaika

in that order of priority for me

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe the other way around and remove Luai. He would be junk for us for sure
have to sign 1 of him, Dearden or Mam and I think he makes the most sense in regards to who's better/chances of getting them, similar to Critta signing for me

Talent wise, Luai > Mam > Dearden
Highest chance of converting to a 7, Dearden > Luai > Mam
Chance of signing them, Luai > Mam > Dearden (Mam and Dearden both very low imo)

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
have to sign 1 of him, Dearden or Mam and I think he makes the most sense in regards to who's better/chances of getting them, similar to Critta signing for me

Talent wise, Luai > Mam > Dearden
Highest chance of converting to a 7, Dearden > Luai > Mam
Chance of signing them, Luai > Mam > Dearden (Mam and Dearden both very low imo)
I don't think any of those three halves will leave their current clubs. It doesn't matter what money other clubs threw at them..

They'd rather stay where they are as all three are part of winning teams and will still get big offers where they are.. Luai is butt buddies with The Chin.. Dearden is from QLD and Townsend is leaving soon. He's their future.. Mam is the long term 5/8th at Brisbane and has a great combo with Walsh.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think any of those three halves will leave their current clubs. It doesn't matter what money other clubs threw at them..

They'd rather stay where they are as all three are part of winning teams and will still get big offers where they are.. Luai is butt buddies with The Chin.. Dearden is from QLD and Townsend is leaving soon. He's their future.. Mam is the long term 5/8th at Brisbane and has a great combo with Walsh.
I agree with Dearden and Mam, but not Luai. I think he's a decent chance of leaving Panther if he's still off contract at November. I think pretty much for the same reasons as Crichton (butt buddies with Luai and To'o). I think a club like us would offer Luai 1-1.2m and a long term deal.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with Dearden and Mam, but not Luai. I think he's a decent chance of leaving Panther if he's still off contract at November. I think pretty much for the same reasons as Crichton (butt buddies with Luai and To'o). I think a club like us would offer Luai 1-1.2m and a long term deal.
Maybe.. I hope it's not us though if another club does sign him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe.. I hope it's not us though if another club does sign him.
I'd ideally want an experienced quality 7 but there's none available and the alternatives after Luai are pretty much non existent. Maybe Keary as a stop gap if Rooster don't extend him (best position 6, but can play 7). If we don't sign an experienced quality half and 1-2 marquee middles for 2025 we're pretty much writing off another year imo.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes please get Keaon. Bulldogs supporter when younger. Imagine a second row of Koloamatangi and Kikau :hearteyes:
He’s from the Canterbury area too. He would be awesome to have, but I think we are set with backrowers with Preston, Kikau and Salmon. Be interesting to see if Raiders would have to lose someone if they’re actually keen on him. Maybe that’s our opportunity to sign someone.
His old man is a huge Souffs fan, that's a problem.
His favourite payer when a youngster was Willie Mason, that's a positive.

Always a Bulldog

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No point buying backrowers when we have no one capable of using them effectively