Official Katoa NO CHARGE

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just another in a long list of Bulldogs players penalised and placed on report on field but not charged by the MRC, they even got to take a try off us for this one.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was hoping he got charged so there’s no excuses to keep picking him.

Kinda bullshit call for us but the ref called it how it looked anyway.

Can’t keep blaming the ref for our abysmal performances

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm treating the NRL and the game as a comedy from now on, the Warriors first 2 trys happened after Atkin ran behind his own player/players. How is it for the players when they consistantly have to deal with refeeries cheating.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've said this in other forums and been smashed for it - but it's the only logical sequence of events. Kosi knocks-on through no fault of the defensive pressure and gets smashed in the chest by Katoa. Sure, it was a heavy hit and could look high, but it's something the bunker would need to sit and investigate for 5+ mins (not going to do that during a live game), so leave it with the MRC. Award the try, and let the MRC deal with the fine details of if Katoa should or shouldn't miss games.

It now sets the precedent for the following scenario:

Panthers vs Melbourne in the GF. Scores locked up at 20-all, 79th minute. Big NAS comes charging at the line 5m out running onto a Harry Grant pass, NAS boggles the ball and knocks on, as he's going to regather, JFH belts him similar to Katoa - right in the chest with his shoulder and levels him. Burton scoops up the loose ball and races 95m to score under the sticks. Crowd erupts, Panthers win the GF. Bunker steps in, same fool that was covering our game, and rules a penalty for a 'high shot' that wasn't in fact high. Melbourne takes the 2 in front of the sticks and wins the GF.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs his hands on the ball more and needs to build confidence should be put 14
100%!! He comes on and changes the momentum. Giving him the responsibility of trying to steer our sunken ship around isn’t doing his development any favours.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited just yet:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/13/round-22-judiciary-charges/

Due to Sunday’s fixtures being held at a non-standard venue and subsequently all available angles of incidents not being available to the NRL immediately following the match as would normally be the case, the Judiciary Chairman has allowed an extension until 10am tomorrow to complete the Match Review process.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok, disregard, it has in fact not been charged.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/16/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-22/

Annesley, what a fucking dope - he's likening Katoa's hit to "Hitting a player without the ball, like they've just passed the ball and it's a late hit". It's a split-second decision with two players charging full speed at one another. Annesley says "The ball has hit the ground!" - Alluding to the fact that Katoa could have pulled out... Mate, give yourself an uppercut. He also says "We don't mind heavy contact." Well which one is it you fuckwit?!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Annesley claims that, then the Warriors player lost the ball fairly, and it is indeed a try! The hit was therefore off the ball.

If the hit was on the ball whilst in possession, its play on.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pissed off at the penalty as it clearly wasn't a penatly and it robbed us of a chance to get back in the game (although we didn't deserve to win) but I'm even more pissed off that Kotoa wasn't charged. These 2 fucking garbage hookers we have are doing my head in.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Jackson get suspended as I can't stand this shit of him playing first receiver. Yuk. Here's a novel idea....why don't we let BBO play first receiver FFS

Next year cant come soon enough

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was not even a penalty. Not sure why everyone thought it was. I didn't see him hit the head at all and was not late. That call decided the gane
I didn’t see it properly…as soon as I saw it was getting checked I left the room for the beer fridge knowing when I returned the Warriors would get the rub