Opinion Karl Oloapu

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Building some decent depth in the halves. If one or two of oloupa, glover, rajab, Hayward, oneill can step up can’t see flanagan and reynolds playing too much first grade this year.
I don't think any will step up this year though do you really?..or not for the first half of the season at least

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you serious ?
He shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade
Do seriously believe Gus is wasting time energy and money if he doesn't believe in him ?
Reynolds will get his chance to prove himself, he knows it's all up to him !

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No way he starts in Flegg. I could be wrong here but to me he would suit 1 more than 7.
Yeah probably not Flegg considering he’s top 30. Doubt we signed him to play fullback though with Critta eyeing it out for 2024.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been reliably informed that burton is spending hours of work inside on the drone monitor and you’ll see a more controlling burton this season.
His left edge will be our go to and he and the coaches are working overtime to perfect it

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has a hint of Ben barba in his game but seems stronger and much better tackling technique at that age.. averillo will probably be at the tigers in 2024 with all these signings

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Wilson and Papalii for fullback.
I haven't seen much of Wilson but the highlights package clearly showed he's a competitive kid, moves like Ponga but can take a hit.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way this kid controls the tempo and double pumps... I'm getting excited at the thought of Topine running a line off him on the right edge.
Hopefully this combination can build in NSW cup before being a force in NRL.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are there any contract lawyers on The Kennel?
Do they know in what universe businesses like NRL clubs agree to written or verbal contracts that guarantee a top 30 spot, a particular playing position and a night out with Sophie Monk?
To 18 year olds?
Sounds like make believe to me.
Young players regularly have top 30 clauses in their contracts

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We paid 500k to broncos to release him.
No, that's what the Broncos asked for publicly, and the media has parroted it as fact.
Who knows what Gus actually gave them, if anything? (Just him & the Broncos).

I tend to think it was nothing, other than an opportunity to save face while slowly backing away from a drama of their own making that might have invited some unwelcome scrutiny of their integrity throughout the deal.

Regardless, any money paid to the Broncos isn't on the cap so it's not relevant to our roster management.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow this kid looks good. Good work gussy and everyone involved at our club