Opinion Karl Oloapu

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Another Reddit post:

"I'm.assuming the dogs justified this by signing him for absolute peanuts for 4 years so he essentially pays the 500k.off himself? (If it works out that is). Smart move, could basically get 500k worth of extra salary cap if he becomes a regular in the top 30"

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of Wilson but the highlights package clearly showed he's a competitive kid, moves like Ponga but can take a hit.
I don't necessary look at what players do in highlight reels...
I look at the way they do it.
As different as they might be both Wilson and Papalii possess incredible talents !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe renoylds was given an opportunity to train with the team so ciraldo will look like he is trying to engage with the community,by bringing a local junior back that so many loved and giving him a chance to prove himself.

it is a great way for a new coach,to show the new fans he is buying into our culture. So to answer your question I don’t think Gus realistically thinks renoylds will play a part on the field with our top 17 this year.
I hope our roster is too good for that to happen.
True, Reynolds was given an opportunity and it wasn't to mow the lawn at Belmore, yes it is up to him to make the most of it, I know he was never a great and dominating half but no player in the game could match him with energy and determination, what he brings to the club and our fans is immeasurable, it's something that is now sadly missing in the game.
I could be wrong but wasn't the deal done before CC's arrival ?

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Burns
4. Alamoti
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. TPJ

14. Averillo
15. Sutton
16. Davey
17. Preston

18. Waddell
19. Clarke
20. Flanagan
21. Topine
22. Okonbur
No, no, no, no, no... Flanagan is not in the top 22.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't necessary look at what players do in highlight reels...
I look at the way they do it.
As different as they might be both Wilson and Papalii possess incredible talents !
Patrick templemans highlights looked great and how did that play out? Meh.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Believe me almost every great player in the game had great ego...
Ego is a great part of confidence, as long as it doesn't turn the holder into an arrogant piece of art.
True, fair comment, I meant 'arrogance', with his Broncos claims and subsequent walkout... :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we've paid a transfer fee of any kind, then there goes any doubts about us signing George Williams or any other ESL player under contract because of a transfer fee.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we've paid a transfer fee of any kind, then there goes any doubts about us signing George Williams or any other ESL player under contract because of a transfer fee.
Transfer fees for the right player will never be a hindrance to the Bulldogs. There is money there with the benefit that isn’t from the cap!

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The halfback pipeline is looking solid.
With Oloapu, BBO, Rajab, Hayward and even younger ones like Aza Mautairi, it's just a matter of waiting for the pipleine to deliver. Moses or some other overpaid 7 are not needed.
That just leaves another one or two quality front rowers to be signed to complete the puzzle.
Amazing how quickly Gus turned the squad around.
And Reynolds may return to his best and grab the 7 jersey.
How good is this!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fans saying we are flush with money....was wondering....living in Qld and not having been to the club since I organised Mum's 80th Birthday Party there, was wondering about that huge development that some said was a money pit? If all these projects have been done wow the district has seen some changes. Can someone clarify.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the Broncs are the winners here. Just picked up a cool half mill and got rid of a problem (for them anyway).