Opinion Karl Oloapu

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hi la familiars,

Does anyone remember Karl Filiga? Bulldogs junior. Was touted as the next SBW at one stage. It was Cronulla who won the bidding war on that occasion, and for all his hype, he ended up having a sparkling NRL career that amounted to 11 minutes of on field time. I mean, 11 minutes, fam. That's less time than it takes @Bulldogs09 to tie his shoelaces in the morning.

So, my question is thus - is there a chance the same fate could await the other young Karl you're all so excited about? I mean, think about it...in Karl Filiga's case, clubs were fighting over him like seagulls over a spilled pack of chips. Everyone wanted the young kid...they were all convinced he would be a superstar. In Karl Oloapu's case, the ensuing 'bidding war' consisted of two clubs - us and the Dolphins - a club which couldn't draw flies. Surely if the kid was as much of a sure thing as you all say, the Roosters would have got him.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he becomes an absolute superstar and he does appear to have the tools (although he looks like more of a running five eighth or lock than an organiser to me....too bulky for a halfback) I guess what I'm saying is, pour some cold water down your pants and don't put too much pressure on the kid. No junior is a sure thing, no matter how promising they are. The kid is 18 and already weighs 100kg, which means if it all goes pear shaped, there's a fair chance he may end up with cankles by the age of 25.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Both spell their name with a K, so yes, he will be lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Could Flanagun just choose another team to support if he's so unhappy with Gus, Ciraldo and the direction of the club?
No way, baby. You'd like that too much