Kanye West and That T-Pain Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
This album isn't rap, but it is Hip Hop. And Mikey, ease up dude.. we all have opinions. As fan's of his music, we should be allowed to criticize as much as we praise him. I probably won't pick it up, but I got no choice but to respect what Kanye is doing. He has always been one to innovate, eg. creating beats from samples, but this just isn't my cup of tea.

M

MikeyP..

This album isn't rap, but it is Hip Hop. And Mikey, ease up dude.. we all have opinions. As fan's of his music, we should be allowed to criticize as much as we praise him. I probably won't pick it up, but I got no choice but to respect what Kanye is doing. He has always been one to innovate, eg. creating beats from samples, but this just isn't my cup of tea.
yes i understand that. BUT there is a difference between one's opinion and ones stupidity, by stating random crap.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Just wait til his next album drops (next year, june).
thats what im waiting for
i think this is just an experimental project he wants to get out there and test the water. it'll still sell like hot cakes (idiots).

They owe it all to the late Roger Troutman (California love fame) he's the pioneer of that bull**** overused sound. Jodeci (Devante) used it to perfection.

::JuSt-BLaZe::

`ashley.
Reaction score
So singing with an computer aid is innovative?
Pretty much. I don't recall any artists from any other previous era in music using the autotune, so yes, I would say so.

I don't understand why you are so against it.

Don't like it? Don't listen.
You call him a disgrace to hip hop, yet he is praised by most rappers in the game for what he is doing, including some of the greatest of all time.

Think Nas would be on tour with someone whose music he didn't respect?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much. I don't recall any artists from any other previous era in music using the autotune, so yes, I would say so.

You call him a disgrace to hip hop, yet he is praised by most rappers in the game for what he is doing, including some of the greatest of all time.

Because its fake singing, its the same as Paris Hilton and her album lol.
Im not against kanye West as a whole, i think he is a good artist but its pretty stupid what he is doing. As mikey said im just stupid and only because i believe he is over rated.

Malla

Reaction score

Only reason why he iss praised is because of the exposure he gets. Thats it.
I do not like this new album he's working on. I think it's corny.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Because its fake singing, its the same as Paris Hilton and her album lol.
Im not against kanye West as a whole, i think he is a good artist but its pretty stupid what he is doing. As mikey said im just stupid and only because i believe he is over rated.
agree mate
vocoder is a *****.
it was ok with t-pain once in a while, then he goes and features with everyone, then other artists catch on and have singles doing it, now ye is doing an album dedicated to it

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's on point always and will say it's just a concept album, hence the title. he's like lil wayne, jay-z and t.i they're a brand and what they offer will always sell, no matter how poor.

M

MikeyP..

how can you judge an album when it hasnt even released yet, malla?

and berries, yes youre stupid. lol :p jks

Malla

Reaction score
how can you judge an album when it hasnt even released yet, malla?

and berries, yes youre stupid. lol :p jks
obviously i meant from what ive heard (singles).
dont act stupid youngen.
i think this is wack, and if it wasnt kanye west you wouldnt even give it a listen to 10 seconds.

M

MikeyP..

obviously i meant from what ive heard (singles).
dont act stupid youngen.
i think this is wack, and if it wasnt kanye west you wouldnt even give it a listen to 10 seconds.
yes, i dont listen to anything else but kanye west cos im a close minded youngen that has no taste in music.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yes, i dont listen to anything else but kanye west cos im a close minded youngen that has no taste in music.
lol but u talk him up so badly because he is your favourite artist

Malla

Reaction score
not saying you dont listen to anything but, i know your taste and music and have alot of respect for it coz i listen to the same sh1t.. but all im saying is if it wasnt kanye who was doin an album such as this, you wouldnt be so lovey dovey about it .. i guarentee that.

M

MikeyP..

lol but u talk him up so badly because he is your favourite artist
Well, i guess i am bias then. aha :p

not saying you dont listen to anything but, i know your taste and music and have alot of respect for it coz i listen to the same sh1t.. but all im saying is if it wasnt kanye who was doin an album such as this, you wouldnt be so lovey dovey about it .. i guarentee that.
I would have to disagree with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.