Kalyn Ponga's Interesting Contract Situation

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
100% agree. I would not pay more than 800k a season for Ponga.
If we flopped out 800k in front of him in 50 dollar notes, do you think he would sign?

i think he wouldnt, so his market value is higher.

I believe if he went to tender he would get 1 mil plus

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agree. I would not pay more than 800k a season for Ponga.
Well if the powers that be at the Dogs agree with you, he never will play for us.
As talented as Ponga is, he misses way too many games each year with various injuries. He's also not as consistent as other rep players who earn as much as him.
He is 23.. his best is yet to come.
True true. But we don't need him we have the real QLD fullback Corey Allan haha
Hahah..I know you are taking the piss mate. There are a couple of Dally M’s still to come for Ponga. If the mutton heads running our club at the moment had any clue they would sign him at whatever needed and build around him Burton, JAC, Cotric Thompson and some of the young guys like AVO etc…

But they won’t, sadly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if the powers to be at the Dogs agree with you, he never will play for us.

Hahah..I know you are taking the piss mate. There are a couple of Dally M’s still to come for Ponga. If the mutton heads running our club at the moment had any clue they would sign him at whatever needed and build around him Burton, JAC, Cotric Thompson and some of the young guys like AVO etc…

But it won’t, sadly.
Of course his best is yet to come. He's a freakish talent but his injury history is concerning and he could easily switch to the All Blacks in the next few years.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course his best is yet to come. He's a freakish talent but his injury history is concerning and he could easily switch to the All Blacks in the next few years.
Yeah he could, just like SBW. I also remember Sonny having plenty of growing pain injury’s early in his career. I think the Knights wasn’t the right place for him to go. Had he gone to the Roosters or Storm he may still of had the injury’s but his performances would have already gone to another level.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well if the powers that be at the Dogs agree with you, he never will play for us.

But they won’t, sadly.
Oh agree I'd happily have him in our squad considering we paid Foran 1 million. Issue is to pry him from Newcastle you have to exceed that... Could be dangerous territory.