News Kafusi: Deliberate Forearm or Not

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deliberate.. Didn’t like how Bellamy in the press conference after the game made out he didn’t see it..so couldn’t comment on it.. That bloke sees everything.. Disappointed me that..
Just like some people never saw James Graham bite Billy Slater's ear. Didn't happen on my TV. lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty of opportunity for the bunker to pick it up yet not even a cursory look or place on report.

Now charged but will escape suspension, fine only. He has form for grubby work on field and funnily enough escaped suspension this time last year to still be eligible for Origin..

Felise Kaufusi is free to play for the Maroons in the State of Origin series opener after being found not guilty of a tripping charge at the NRL Judiciary.

Today's result means the Storm back-rower will head into next week's clash as the most experienced forward in the Queensland side, with nine appearances at Origin level to date.

The Melbourne star put his Maroons jersey in jeopardy over the weekend after being cited for tripping Brisbane's Jake Turpin late in the Storm's rout of the Broncos.

Guaranteed to miss one match due to prior loadings, he had no option but to face up to the judiciary tonight to plead his case and overturn his charge.

It was Kaufusi's third charge this season, which made him ineligible for a fine.He was suspended for two matches in Round Two for dangerous contact on Parramatta's Ryan Matterson, and fined in Round Nine for dangerous contact on South Sydney's Cody Walker.

Young forwards Felise Kaufusi and Nelson Asofa-Solomona are both facing stints on the sideline after the NRL Review Committee findings from the weekend's representative round.

Kaufusi was charged for dangerous contact in Tonga's loss to Samoa on the Gold Coast on Saturday night and as a result of prior carry-over points faces one week on the sidelines if an early guilty plea is taken.

AND watch the Tigers try to use the excuse that Naden had gone off for an HIA in defense of his charge. Yes, he was cleared to return but methinks that they will still try to use this in an effort to minimise his suspension. Fox commentators went to great lengths to mention the fact he had gone off for an HIA but surprisingly returned after being cleared...

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Melbourne’s representative backrower Felise Kaufusi has been found not guilty of elbowing Sydney Roosters halfback Sam Walker in the head at the NRL judiciary, with the contact described as nothing more than “accidental and unavoidable”.”

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blokes a grub, horrible, useless player, if this was TPJ he gets banned for a season, typical storm bias

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
“Melbourne’s representative backrower Felise Kaufusi has been found not guilty of elbowing Sydney Roosters halfback Sam Walker in the head at the NRL judiciary, with the contact described as nothing more than “accidental and unavoidable”.”
Can't throw a punch but you can elbow.... nrlol at it's finest.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can't throw a punch but you can elbow.... nrlol at it's finest.
i agree with Benji we teach all players to find their front, it was poor tackle tech from Walker, he should finish on top not underneath.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with Benji we teach all players to find their front, it was poor tackle tech from Walker, he should finish on top not underneath.
I would have done the same thing as Felise ... a little halfback on his back when you could make it look somewhat accidental.

I suspect you and anyone else who has played a decent level of footy would do the same.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would have done the same thing as Felise ... a little halfback on his back when you could make it look somewhat accidental.

I suspect you and anyone else who has played a decent level of footy would do the same.
100% it was bad tech from walker, you dont finish on the bottom with out copping something.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I found it laughable when Kent was trying to suggest that you would "normally" try to land with your ball carrying arm close to your chest.

If you do that (instead of spread you arm oit to break the fall) you will invariably face plant yourself.

Having said that.... Kaufusi has form (as does the worst of them all JWH) and he knew he had an opportunity to elbow yhe defender in the head, and he let rip. Didn't miss either.

I know it's a collision sport and sometimes tackles like these can result in this sort of incident.

But it happens all too often with guys like Kaufusi, JWH and even TPJ and Latrell. There are others who I can't quite think of right now but it's thuggery disguised as innocence.