Justin Hodges

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone fill me in with what this guys problem is ?

He had a shoulder reconstruction and missed the world cup but he misses a training session and needs time off for "personal reasons" ?

There must be a lot more I'm missing.

Hodges always has been a niglgly f*cker on field, cant wait for him and ennis to line up on the field having a go at each other.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently he's "depressed." Apparently he was spotted at some pub or club the whole night drinking. It's grounds for Cullen to terminate his contract. Remember Denver/Brisbane's holy "Thou shall not touch booze" policy?

I smell something fishy and it's not Paris Hilton's moot.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the best for Hodges. I wonder if he goes to the Roosters if he gets sacked

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he genuinely has depression then I do wish him all the best, if this is a cover up then he can SMD. It'll be another case of an athlete who is ungreatful/doesn't know what he has.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is depressed he didn't get a third ring this year

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I love Hodges, if they sack him he is more than welcome at the dogs :love:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Someone fill me in with what this guys problem is ?

He had a shoulder reconstruction and missed the world cup but he misses a training session and needs time off for "personal reasons" ?

There must be a lot more I'm missing.

Hodges always has been a niglgly f*cker on field,.
There's your evidence right there in bold !

In my experience, I've found the biggest sledgers are some of the most insecure people.

So lets look at Hodges career ....

* Junior Footy - Bet he was a huge ego there too. The talented wonder kid at school. Good looking and successful to the younger ladies. Talented and "going somewhere" to the men. Popular in social circles.

* Broncos Years Part One - Under the 'no-nonsense' regime of Bennett, aged in his teens/early 20's, constant nights out with B-list crowds, success on the paddock. NO responsibility on field with likes of senior players around leaves him free to 'impact' games results rather than 'generate' them !

* Roosters Years - Offered bucketloads of cash. Ego is still huge. Insecurities return. Goes missing for a period due to "homesickness" and the adjustment to Sydney lifestyle. Mickey Mouse Premiership in 2002. Calls to Braith Anasta taunting him over his ex-GF and Prem win occur (shows his insecurities haven't gone away). After 3 mostly successful years, yearns for the old life and returns to Broncos (where the politics and scrutinmy of football are less intense).

Broncos Years Part Two - With the return of Justin to Brisbane. We started to see him develop as a leader on-the-field. His form at times has been untouchable. A GF win against the odds in 06. However this remains inconsistant due to his ego. Big weekend benders. Fingers up at the ref. (Edit : References to off field behaviour removed)

It's a case of one step forward - one step backward with Justin. Now we see him coming to terms with his limited future. Injuries. Trouble with police. Spotlight in media. Less money due to fines. Girlfriend troubles. Patchy form.

This up-down-up-down-up lifestyle must be playing havoc with his insecure head - He's a prime candidate for BiPolar Disorder.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow thats a pretty solid review, cheers for that.

I guess some of us really cant comment unless we are in the position of a professional player.

L

lil dog

he probably missed trainin because he was on drugs adn the drug tester were there say they saound take time off until it clean out of ur boby

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Wow thats a pretty solid review, cheers for that.

I guess some of us really cant comment unless we are in the position of a professional player.
It's actually pretty common. You wouldn't have to look far to find suspects. Ben Cousins comes to mind straight away. SBW too, now that France has failed.

There will be no such thing as a full-recovery ! There's only good management. He'll need to manage his depression forever or it'll come back stronger. He needs to embrace his depression, avoid the triggers (pubs, drugs and certain other depressive people in his circles) and make changes if he's serious about overcoming this episode long term. Right now he's in a world of doubt, and probably has trouble even looking people in the eye !

It's easier when you have kids to drive you through recovery - Look at Andrew Johns.
Even so, sometimes that's not enough to keep the 'demons' from torturing you - Look at Peter Jackson.

Justin is at a crossroads. He has the support network around him. I'd respect him more if he dropped the ego, and make a fair crack at recovery. At his best ...... (i cant believe I'm about to admit it) ... he is good to watch, and like Michael Crocker .. if he was IN our side, we'd love him to bits !

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
No need to speculate or make fun of what Hodges could be going through. Mods should delete the drugs stuff.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
No need to speculate or make fun of what Hodges could be going through. Mods should delete the drugs stuff.
Agreed and the filming of the sex. Poor form people

Status
Not open for further replies.