Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
[h=1]Is it just me, or does nothing good seem to come out of Taree?[/h]

[h=1][/h]

• 1 HOUR AGO DECEMBER 22, 2014 9:46AM
  • THE father of a teen who had his legs severed by a locomotive has allegedly attacked the ambulance vehicle there to save his son.

Police are gobsmacked by the actions of a group of people who threw rocks at paramedics and police when they arrived to save the life of an 18-year-old hit by a slow-moving freight train yesterday morning.
Police said the victim “didn’t move at all” in the seconds before the 1.2km train severed the Aboriginal man’s legs and dragged him 10m under the carriage.
“His torso was in between the two train lines. When my officers arrived he was virtually unconscious,” Taree Inspector Allan Fidock said.
“Everyone assumed that he was deceased but then he has murmured and moved.
“It is a tragic and horrific incident for the young fella. He is alive but we just hope that the medical staff or surgical guys can give him some sort of quality of life.”
The man, who was celebrating his 18th birthday party, was taken to John Hunter Hospital in a serious condition.

Bushland Drive at Taree, near the train line where the teenager lost both his legs. Picture: Google Source: Supplied

The train was travelling through Taree at about 4.30am. It was carrying freight between Brisbane and Melbourne and was moving slowly because it was about to stop and change drivers.The train has stopped 300m from where it impacted with the teen and has severed his legs “high above the knee”.
Police and paramedics were hindered, however, by the group of revellers who thought officers were there to break up their alcohol-fuelled party.
During the night the same group of about 30 people had already knocked down a fence which separated homes from the train line.
Insp Fidock said the father of the victim “smashed the windscreen of the ambulance”.
“Today the father has been better to us and is apologetic for his actions,” he said.
“We are trying to find people and get an ID on a couple who threw rocks and smashed windows.
“It is horrific to have to deal with that and then deal with alcohol-induced friends and family.
And they are having a go at the cops and ambulance officers.
“Initially we had two officers out there. We had to close the station down then because we had five people (at the scene).
“Then there was three or more police who rushed out there when they started in the morning. All up there would have been a maximum of eight police.”
The train driver, a 33-year-old man from Queensland, was taken to Manning Base Hospital for mandatory blood and urine testing.
He was also attacked with rocks by the mob and had to take cover in the train carriage with police and paramedics.
Police have put out an appeal for witnesses who can help them with information about the incident and the events surrounding it.
Originally published as Man’s legs severed by train

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alcohol can ruin lives. A mate of mine from school was drunk at a party and reversed over a drunken 17yo who died.

Very poor form from the party goers to have attacked the ambulance. Not a nice way to end your 18th birthday for the victim either.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So a bunch of pissed clowns trashes the fence of the house , but thats not enough to stop the party .an ambulance pulls up this enrages the father as he thought they were trying to stop the party at around 430am so he smashes an ambulance windscreen to pieces. While his son is laying under a train with his legs ripped off. OK

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Taree is now bypassed thankfully.

Reminds me a little of Moree, which, as a kid, was our stopover on our family holidays between the Riverina and Mackay. Sun sets and the place becomes a zoo.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love bypassing all the scum .is the kew bypass done yet cant wait to see that shit hole become broke once the people won't stop to by their shitty "farkew " stubby coolers

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love bypassing all the scum .is the kew bypass done yet cant wait to see that shit hole become broke once the people won't stop to by their shitty "farkew " stubby coolers
It's dual carriageway all the way to Port now (from Hexham). I have done the drive between Sydney and Brisbane four times now in 18 months and every time a new bypass is open. The area around Byron will be the last bit I think, as it's probably the most expensive.

As at October 2014: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents...cific-highway-dual-carriageway-status-map.pdf

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would love to state the bloody obvious, but some might deem it racist.

N

Natboy

Aboriginals are very heavily over represented in crime and jail, as are middle eastern people.
Taree has nothing going for it apart from the food at the sailing & golf clubs lol

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taree is now bypassed thankfully.

Reminds me a little of Moree, which, as a kid, was our stopover on our family holidays between the Riverina and Mackay. Sun sets and the place becomes a zoo.
Moree that's the place I stayed once at the RSL motel it's got a security gate like a German POW camp and Steel grills on the doors and windows once inside its a security swipe to come and go

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone dumb enough to get hit by a train deserves to be hit by train. Could fark the drivers life right up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Beresfield to Raymond Terrace is in the pipeline. Not sure how or where.
Ohhh hoo-friggin-ray...

That's one of the most annoying bloody sections, having to go through Raymond Terrace.

Closely followed by lack of bypass at Coffs Harbour, and finally the Ballina lack of bypass.

Once Ballina bypass is done, it will look stunning.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
my dad, a doctor, was gonna work up in taree as a gp, so he drove up to the area to take a look, see how it is. Needless to say it didn't go very well. He parked, jumped out of the car and walked around, when two young men of a certain background ran up to him and punched him in the face. They ran, my dad, 50, chased them. He jumped in the car and drove back down to Sydney and told the employer to get fcked.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aboriginals are very heavily over represented in crime and jail, as are middle eastern people.
Taree has nothing going for it apart from the food at the sailing & golf clubs lol
Why is it that aboriginals and middle eastern people are over represented in crime and gaols? Maybe its because they do the most crime!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone dumb enough to get hit by a train deserves to be hit by train. Could fark the drivers life right up.
Not if the poor guy was celebrating his 18th and collapsed, when people have a big piss up they need to look out for each other.
The mob were obviously pissed and freaked out by the incident blaming the guvament.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not if the poor guy was celebrating his 18th and collapsed, when people have a big piss up they need to look out for each other.
The mob were obviously pissed and freaked out by the incident blaming the guvament.
Dont get that ****ing wasted then. Why should someone have to look out for someone because they want to drink bottles of poisen.

Status
Not open for further replies.