Joshua Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One BIG thing to remember.. when Hodko has been running the ball, our side livens up and things happen.

With Reynolds running the ball more (by nature of his game) that could work very well in our favour, as he'll give our more damaging players space.

PLUS if he can fine tune a chip, he could very easily put Cook in some space up the middle of the field (like Brooks/Tedesco do).

Cook I think is very much a key player these days. If he can roam around a bit in attack, and look for offloads (along with BMoz), then we could pile on points. If he runs from dummy half and Reynolds is with him, agani we could see points.

Reynolds is a reasonable support player, so that will benefit us.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who the hell is Joshua

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh is such a weird name if you keep saying it over and over and over....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Make no mistake...Joshua is a talented footballer. The biggest problem he has encountered is the forwards standing to flat. When he has the ball, he has the option of passing to some forward who is flat,
or to try and run sideways to a support player who can run onto the ball. The forwards need to be back at least 10 metres and to steam onto his passes. Graham and Tolman are the main offenders at playing flat.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Make or break for Reynolds.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Noticed Lafai and Jackson been hunting back on the inside the last couple if weeks, this could help Josh with his running game. At least if crabbing too much he can turn the boys back under..

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could be the feel good, Cinderella story of 2015.
The local junior, dropped from origin, brain snaps, injuries, having his spot taken by a young up an comer and a veteran running on bionic knees.....fighting for redemption and his future in the biggest games of the season....JR is back starring in "Return of the Grub"

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I'll never question about jr is his support play and that is worth its wait in gold, follows the ball everywhere...he supports like Mr Terry lamb used to and we have been missing a bit of support lately when anyone makes a bust. I'm confident day by day that josh will step up big time as he did against the raiders when he and mybe played together

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
One BIG thing to remember.. when Hodko has been running the ball, our side livens up and things happen.

With Reynolds running the ball more (by nature of his game) that could work very well in our favour, as he'll give our more damaging players space.

PLUS if he can fine tune a chip, he could very easily put Cook in some space up the middle of the field (like Brooks/Tedesco do).

Cook I think is very much a key player these days. If he can roam around a bit in attack, and look for offloads (along with BMoz), then we could pile on points. If he runs from dummy half and Reynolds is with him, agani we could see points.

Reynolds is a reasonable support player, so that will benefit us.
Couldn't agree more. Reynolds I feel tries too hard at times. Perhaps feels the weight of expectation to make things happen. In Mbye and Cook and BMoz, Reynolds has ready made pace up the middle and on the fringes. He himself can support these guys who create chances. His running game is good. So too his long kicking game. Don't crab crossfield josh, play direct like these other guys and use your natural footy support instinct. With Lafai looking better, hopefully getting some confidence back and Jackson having been strong all year, and pace in Cook and BMoz also on the right side, our right side should start to resemble our dangerous left side. When Lane comes on, he should play wide right side with Jackson moving in tighter in attack and defence.

Let there be no doubt, Cook is our X factor. He has been a revelation. We all know what Josh can do, just play controlled footy Josh....steer us around the park, take the majority of 5th tackle kicks be they bombs or long kicks or kicks for touch. Kick to touch to slow it down to our pace in defence.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that raiders game is where I noticed the positive changes in Josh, frank Paul tried to attack him after he scored and Reynolds just turned his back and walked away, since then he has been alot calmer, its just injury that stopped him continuing his decent form he displayed in his last few games

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've got a really bad feeling about Josh coming back with these new strict shoulder charge changes, I can just see him running out of the line to put a hit on resulting in being charged and missing the whole finals.. Hope im wrong!

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh is a mistake waiting to happen. He will get re injured again

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba did fuk all in 2012 finals series and the GF.

We are a more balanced team and have more strike power across the park. I also think our forwards are in better form. Good service from Cook should put less pressure on our halves.
Our players did sweet f*ck all in the 2012 Grand Final and Barba was strong against Manly.

Reynolds and Keating did SFA that final series as well.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly what your Mum and I said, and look here you are.
LOL shots fired!

Got to believe that Reynolds can do the job. If any other team in the top 8 lost their halfback they would be screwed except for the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.