No Source Josh Schuster

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a rumour and yes I know he's not off contract so clam down everyone.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts would be on a potential Burton/Schuster halves combo?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Schuster is a great young player. He should be in the halves and not the 2nd row. But he's more of a 5/8th. He and Burton have similar games. You wouldn't complain if we had both and you'd hope a good coach could make it work like Moylan and Hynes..

But getting Schuster is very unlikely as I think he re-signed last year for a while and Des isn't going to let him go when he's Foran's long term replacement.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schuster is a great young player. He should be in the halves and not the 2nd row. But he's more of a 5/8th. He and Burton have similar games. You wouldn't complain if we had both and you'd hope a good coach could make it work like Moylan and Hynes..

But getting Schuster is very unlikely as I think he re-signed last year for a while and Des isn't going to let him go when he's Foran's long term replacement.
Thanks B-Train, I agree there's 0% chance of it happening, just thought I'd see what the kennels thinks of the idea now that his manager has apparently told manly there not happy about the Foran re-signing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually like Schuster as a ball playing lock.

We need an organisational half for Burton. Flanagan needs to engage the line more than he does, bark orders at the big boppers and take more of the kicking duties… I feel like he can still do this and be the half we thought he would be allowing Burton to play eyes up footy. If we had Adam Reynolds, we would have had 3-4 wins.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks B-Train, I agree there's 0% chance of it happening, just thought I'd see what the kennels thinks of the idea now that his manager has apparently told manly there not happy about the Foran re-signing.
If there's any chance of him leaving then hopefully we'd be all over it. As D.O.W said, he could be a good ball playing lock if he was happy to play there. He definitely has the size for it. But it sounds like he wants to play in the halves..

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

We need an organisational half for Burton. Flanagan needs to engage the line more than he does, bark orders at the big boppers and take more of the kicking duties… I feel like he can still do this and be the half we thought he would be allowing Burton to play eyes up footy. If we had Adam Reynolds, we would have had 3-4 wins.
Still can’t believe we didn’t make a play for reynolds

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He apparently wants to play 6, but IMO he has already outgrown that position size & speed wise..... he is a big boy.

But the way this has come out he will only be moving to play 6 & nothing else - but limited options at other clubs.

I really rate him as an edge forward, but would probably go well at 13 too.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good player- but we don't need to have. 7 and a 6. With a Schuster and Burton combo we would have 2 numbers 6 and no real general . Wouldn't work

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
We need an organising half. Not a Schuster.
Looks like we have missed a trick by not getting Jackson Hastings. He’s always barking and organising his troops and the tigers are much better for it.
Don’t worry though because I didn’t see it either. His prowess flew under my radar too.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is not a rumour and yes I know he's not off contract so clam down everyone.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts would be on a potential Burton/Schuster halves combo?
Halves combo - No way in Hell.

BUT

Schuster is the lock that Barrett is trying to play Jackson as. In the current system Schuster would improve this team 200%

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Schuster to replace Burton seems more realistic

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Schuster is a great player but we could never have them in the halves together.
If Schuster was adamant on being a spine player, the only way it would work is Burton at fullback and Schuster at 6.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They let foz go to keep him and hes not what we need in the halves

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

if we had Foran at 7 and Burton at 6, we win those close games and we are close to the 8. When foran played for us which unfortunately not much, he was best on field 99% of the time. Glad to see him uninjured again, he is a class player

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately doesn't solve our issue of needing a good 6 & 7. I'd still be happy to bring him in to try him as a ball playing 13. Worst case scenario he goes back to the edge.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thought the same thing ... just looks like I've plagiarised you though :grinning:

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly fucked off Foran for Schuster to play as 5/8....