Josh Reynolds - Gone for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If El-Masri got offered 300k a year more to play for the Tigers he would've taken it
Highly doubt it. In 2004, El Masri was offered $2,000,000 over 4 years to play Rugby in France - meaning $500,000 per year. At the time, El Masri was not even on $200,000 here at the Bulldogs - which is equivalent of him being offered more than the 300k you speak of.

Everyone, myself included, was so sure he would take that offer. I was surprised when we re-signed him tbh.

Malla

Reaction score
Highly doubt it. In 2004, El Masri was offered $2,000,000 over 4 years to play Rugby in France - meaning $500,000 per year. At the time, El Masri was not even on $200,000 here at the Bulldogs - which is equivalent of him being offered more than the 300k you speak of.

Everyone, myself included, was so sure he would take that offer. I was surprised when we re-signed him tbh.
He was also offered more to play for the Rabbits but was again loyal to the Dogs.

This is why it was so dissapointing the way the club treated him post retirement and after that scandal with the ex-misso.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's a quality you don't see anymore .. No wonder he's much loved on here however sometimes living close to work is a better option than money especially if you're getting paid a good sum anyway and you have a young family .

Wahesh

Reaction score
He was also offered more to play for the Rabbits but was again loyal to the Dogs.

This is why it was so dissapointing the way the club treated him post retirement and after that scandal with the ex-misso.
Not really the club, but the NRL. They stood him down from being a White Ribbon ambassador until the investigation was over. When it was over and he was cleared, they offered him the position again and he told them where to go. Good on him!

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's a quality you don't see anymore .. No wonder he's much loved on here however sometimes living close to work is a better option than money especially if you're getting paid a good sum anyway.
True that!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True that!
Sitting through sydney traffic is a form of torture I'm sure it's up there with sticking needles through your fingernails or listening to the scratching of nails on a chalkboard

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not el- Masri
Yeah he would have. Hazem would NOT have re-signed if we offered him such a shitty contract. He’d have been out the door faster than you can say St George Illawarra Dragons.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sitting through sydney traffic is a form of torture I'm sure it's up there with sticking needles through your fingernails or listening to the scratching of nails on a chalkboard
Is that what you're going through at the moment?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah he would have. Hazem would NOT have re-signed if we offered him such a shitty contract. He’d have been out the door faster than you can say St George Illawarra Dragons.
Don’t think so he was happy playing for us.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great decision by the club to let him go the tigers have paid him $160,000.00 per game this year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Winning lol your in 10th spot with 8 wins 9 loses , nothing to be proud of.
Ah 10th? Successful year by toothless tigers standards.

Hopefully the re sign benji and Farah for another few years so another decade pasts of them being flops.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good. It’ll silence a tigers fan that gives me grief everyday at my work. Now for a season ending injury to Mbye
I've got one of those at work too. Always taking shit about how great the Tigers are and how dumb we are to let Mbye And Reynolds go. Best thing is my Boss is a Doggies supporter, so he just tells him off. Plus I'm always in the good books with the Boss for our shared supporting of the same Club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t think so he was happy playing for us.
So was Reynolds. Hazem considered leaving the club a few times, from memory. He almost walked when we asked him to take a pay cut following the salary cap scandal. He was unhappy with the extent of the cut he was asked to take and he and the club had to reach a compromise. He and Mason were the last two to agree to stay from memory and he made no secret about being unhappy with that first offer. If you undervalue a player by too much, they will leave...just as Hazem very nearly did before the dogs upped the ante a little.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So was Reynolds. Hazem considered leaving the club a few times, from memory. He almost walked when we asked him to take a pay cut following the salary cap scandal. He was unhappy with the extent of the cut he was asked to take and he and the club had to reach a compromise. He and Mason were the last two to agree to stay from memory and he made no secret about being unhappy with that first offer. If you undervalue a player by too much, they will leave...just as Hazem very nearly did before the dogs upped the ante a little.
You're right it was Mason and Hazem the last 2 to re-sign. I think Mason re-signed and that also helped get Hazem on board. It paid dividends though 2 years later.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can anyone be critical of Josh Reynolds is beyond me.
It’s so easy because it was him being offered a shit load more $$$ than any of us.
How can anyone deprive Reynolds of a better deal over a longer period ?
How many would have said no to the Tigers ?
He’s had a horrid year with injury which happens. He’d rather be out on the field helping his teammates than doing friggin rehab.
Can’t understand the nastiness.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yet we're still winning games............
Grub will be back
Yet you'll be in exactly the same position as the Dogs in about 8 weeks time (not playing finals footy), despite having purchased an entire first grade side in the off season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Are you seriously comparing going to France to play a game he's never played before to moving to a different Sydney club in the same sport? Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.