Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Err no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying you don't have to finish here to be a club legend and Grub already well and truly fits the bill imo.

He's been playing first grade here since 2011 and helped us won a lot of games. Already well and truly a legend. And he wanted to stay here more than Proce and ho kinda bailed on us when the going got tough too. Leaving us in one of our darkest hours when his leadership was really still craved and desired here.

Price is a legend but I think Frub has more love for this club.
Ill have to disagree im afraid. Price didnt leave because he wanted to. Warriors offered him big coin for 4 years and we offered him average coin for two. As it turned out he hust got better and better, and we made a stupid decision to let him go a la ennis.
Price won 2 GFs too (well technically 1, but he was very unluck to not play the second)
I have no doubt grub would have become a club legend, but it really does take more then 6 years. Club legend is not to be used lightly, and i just dont think he has quite reached that status yet. Unfortunately!!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Err no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying you don't have to finish here to be a club legend and Grub already well and truly fits the bill imo.

He's been playing first grade here since 2011 and helped us won a lot of games. Already well and truly a legend. And he wanted to stay here more than Proce and ho kinda bailed on us when the going got tough too. Leaving us in one of our darkest hours when his leadership was really still craved and desired here.

Price is a legend but I think Frub has more love for this club.
Losing Price was the most damaging since losing Steve Mortimer, although it was made to look like he retired on his own accord.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
BY BULLDOGS SIGNING MBYE AND NOT REYNOLDS THEY ARE TRYING TO CHANGE WHO WE ARE,WE WENT FROM REYNOLDS AND ENNIS TO MBYE AND LICCHA WHICH BOTH BACKFIRED UNDENIABLY,REMEMBER THE KIDS ARE MOST IMPORTANT ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS WIN A COMP,NO HIDDEN AGENDAS

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ill have to disagree im afraid. Price didnt leave because he wanted to. Warriors offered him big coin for 4 years and we offered him average coin for two. As it turned out he hust got better and better, and we made a stupid decision to let him go a la ennis.
Price won 2 GFs too (well technically 1, but he was very unluck to not play the second)
I have no doubt grub would have become a club legend, but it really does take more then 6 years. Club legend is not to be used lightly, and i just dont think he has quite reached that status yet. Unfortunately!!!
That's not how I remember it. I remember him doing interviews and more or less saying he wanted to get away from the club and it's reputation for the sake of his family at the time. He was offered plenty here and didn't want to sign on as I remember it. He was sad to leave us but it was 100 percent his choice got the sake of his family.

That's how I remember it anyway.

It's not really worth arguing over. I still think very highly of him and rate him a club legend regardless of his motivations

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately guys it's strictly business. It's a fundamental move by the club. We have 'all but' on Foran' 2. Mbye is reportedly on 700 too 800k and locked in until 2020. 3. Reynolds is off contract. He got tabled an offer of 500k which isn't something to sniff at but the desperate Tigers went hard for him. That's life. His brother shouldn't be telling the world he's upset by the club for not matching etc like really man? Go live your own life and say no to drugs.

If Reynolds was offered nothing by us then I would be angry too

Not the case
Yeah i agree. Its like all the people that blame the club for not holding on to ennis. Years later theyre still bitching and moanin about it, yet the simple fact is that we offered a contract and so did another team. Ennis and Reynolds have simply decided the other clubs offer is better. Thats it. Theres nothing underhanded about it. We simply couldnt afford to offer them more, and were not willing to match the other teams offer.
Im actually really sad to see reynolds is leaving!! But im letting my mind control how i feel about it, and not my heart. Its the logical solution unfortunately, (even if id probably be happier if it was mbye and not reynolds) and to honest i think we will definitely keep graham now. And if i had a choice between graham and reynolds, id probably go with graham. Just. He plays with the same passion and desire, but probably offers a bit more. At least in consistency.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol when Des said contract talks with Reynolds were positive

Reactions: DT

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Newcastle should have made a play for him to reunite the origin combo Hodkinson + Reynolds

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Let's be honest as much as I can't stand the bloke now we haven't had a good 6 since anasta defected to the chooksmokers , the club have made shit calls since 04 , and they'll make more , that's the frustrating part of pro sports in general not just league , Reynolds was given his time , he didn't develop his mental aptitude in all that time , let alone his skillset , it's time to part ways , I wish the bloke all the best

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not how I remember it. I remember him doing interviews and more or less saying he wanted to get away from the club and it's reputation for the sake of his family at the time. He was offered plenty here and didn't want to sign on as I remember it. He was sad to leave us but it was 100 percent his choice got the sake of his family.

That's how I remember it anyway.

It's not really worth arguing over. I still think very highly of him and rate him a club legend regardless of his motivations
Your partly right here. But his wife is/was a NZ international netball player. This is why it was a family decision.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rushing up on Brooks and then trying to trip him in the dying minutes of the game must of been the last straw for Hasler.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't read this thread but if we have signed Foran the way forward is for Grubby to go. He is so random and for every good thing he does he does something equally stupid. He wouldn't pair well with Foran in my opinion and would destabilize him. We are far better off freeing a chunk of the cap and letting a young player like Frawley train and play alongside Foran. His crab running was laughable against the Tigers. No one but him knows what he doing from play to play. Our team needs attacking structure. Let Foran have the reigns with someone like Frawley and we will be far better off!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your partly right here. But his wife is/was a NZ international netball player. This is why it was a family decision.
Fair enough. As I said I think he's a legend whatever his motivations were. But this situation with Grub is still raw and that's what is eating me today!

Status
Not open for further replies.