Josh Reynolds - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a match winner

and one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet

competitive as all hell

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
would love him to be given crack at 5/8 and romelo utility/impact off the bench,i would be very curious to know what des thinks of reynolds.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Reynolds.

He should be putting all his effort into developing a kicking game because if he possessed a good one, he would make a very good 5/8 imo.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite bulldog for the last couple of years.
We better no let this kid go anywhere.
He has so much passion for the game and the club, and it's true that he is one of the nicest most down to earth guys.

Quietly speaking, I'd rather him over ennis any effin day.
Everyone will realize this soon.

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Great talent, his only problem he goes a bit overboard & gives away stupid penalties ( ala ennis ) absolutely love his toughness & passion for the game, show your aggression when its needed,
we don't need stupidity.

bulldogluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
reynolds actually has a direction of play and can control the ball when necessary and can create something from nothing. Unlike Keating who is too predictable and slow. Reynolds also has speed and a good step I'd give him the five-eight jersey next year would make a handy combo with Hodko

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
It's sensational luck or planning that we have a player like Reynolds in the wings. He flourished under Dymock and I hope that Des can bring him on even further. If he stays injury free and works on his kicking game he could be anything.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is a real footballer, looking forward to him kicking on this season

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
love this bloke, great aggressive attitude! if we let him go i see another Thurston type situation happening, maybe not as good as JT, but would bite us on the ass

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's going to have a big year in 2012. I wouldn't be too surprised if Hasler picks Reynolds as first choice 5/8.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite bulldog for the last couple of years.
We better no let this kid go anywhere.
He has so much passion for the game and the club, and it's true that he is one of the nicest most down to earth guys.

Quietly speaking, I'd rather him over ennis any effin day.
Everyone will realize this soon.
wouldn't change ennis with anyone

Ennis is also a top bloke outside footy

we are a different team with Ennis

Reynolds still cant defend in the middle very well can miss tackles

kid is a footballer

But Ennis controls the ruck and gets the forwards rolling on and has a crisp passing game

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is a passionate player who always keeps going forward. If he can control his aggression he'll have a big 2012. I hope he does 'cause I can't see anyone else's hamnd up for the five eighth spot.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wouldn't change ennis with anyone

Ennis is also a top bloke outside footy

we are a different team with Ennis

Reynolds still cant defend in the middle very well can miss tackles

kid is a footballer

But Ennis controls the ruck and gets the forwards rolling on and has a crisp passing game
agree with this !! his defence must be worked on, misses too many easy tackles in the middle of the ruck. like a little terrier though with a little work could easily become a solid player
must add a kicking game to his arsenal if he want's to cut in first grade though

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds service is also slow out of dummy half. In his first game (against Canberra) it was almost slow motion. Slow ball obviously allows the defensive line to get up and restricts metres, as if we didn't struggle to make metres as it is.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds service is also slow out of dummy half. In his first game (against Canberra) it was almost slow motion. Slow ball obviously allows the defensive line to get up and restricts metres, as if we didn't struggle to make metres as it is.
Totally agree, great potential but a utliity player off the bench at this stage - needs to develop more and get the kicking happening which is why i have Romelo ahead of Reynolds at this stage, maybe not as much shine but way more consistant.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it was in the 2011 pre season trials that Josh Reynolds was a standout at half back. Bearing this in mind, if Hasler is a big Keating fan I wpoldn't be surprised to see Reynolds at half and Keating at five eighth. Although, I suppose a big indicator of who plays where in the halves would depend on who is better at driving the forwards around and how good their kicking games are.

Status
Not open for further replies.