News Josh Morris goes in-depth on the play of new Bulldogs signing Stephen Crichton

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to see him in the blue and white, all skill with a excellent work ethic!

What a legend JMoz is, happy that we signed him.

Whats with the video "1080p" looks like potato HD.

Last edited:

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great clip. It will be up to the halves to give him early ball. His defence is first class.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck he makes me horny this bloke.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play centre, give him early ball and he will shine it's not rocket science.

However you could easily see him dominating at the back too. He is proficient in attack on both sides of the field and can carry the ball and fend with either hand. I'd be more than happy for him to have a crack there on the chance he could become a superstar there.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know our set up. The team is completely new. He needs to stay at centre he smokes everyone out there!
He wont be getting clean ball in the positions he was used to very often here. Ill give it 6 rounds and all our fans will turn on him and bag it for being a waste of money

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton is arguably the best centre in the game. He has proven it many times. The times he has played fullback was,
at the best, very ordinary.
He must be in the centres. That leaves the fullback spot open for Blake Taaffe.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think people underestimate how invaluable it is to have a premier center locking up one side of the field, Jmoz did a great job for us for so many years in both attack but more importantly defense.

Critta out in the centers will have a massive impact on JAC, Burton & Kikau's game.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Helps appreciate just how good Crichton is both in attack and defence
It is absolutely OK to sing songs of admirations about Crichton or any superstar of the game,
Let's not forget it's a team sport and and to make it work every piece of the puzzle has to fall in the right place !!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we play him at right centre he instantly makes Kiraz & Sexton better defenders. he will direct that right edge & alongside Preston we will have a good right edge.

If we play him at left centre we would have a left edge of Kikau-Burton-Crichton-JAC. Depending on how Kikau & Burton aim up it would give us the best left edge in the NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we play him at right centre he instantly makes Kiraz & Sexton better defenders. he will direct that right edge & alongside Preston we will have a good right edge.

If we play him at left centre we would have a left edge of Kikau-Burton-Crichton-JAC. Depending on how Kikau & Burton aim up it would give us the best left edge in the NRL.
Na, our edges are still getting cooked.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Critta fend off defenders and give JAC space, We all know JAC only needs a bit of room to get away.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I really like the idea of him at left centre. It's lethal and helps our right edge look a bit under the radar, which I also like.

Assuming Preston Tracey/Xerri, Sexton and Kiraz are the right edge, that's a handy edge for oppositions to overlook because they're so busy looking at our left edge.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Helps appreciate just how good Crichton is both in attack and defence
Love this. I was a massive fan of JMoz and gutted when he left (still cursing hasler)

This has got me excited again. I think the difference he will make is already being underestimated. Professionalism, effort, standards and lifting on the field and at training.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think people underestimate how invaluable it is to have a premier center locking up one side of the field, Jmoz did a great job for us for so many years in both attack but more importantly defense.

Critta out in the centers will have a massive impact on JAC, Burton & Kikau's game.
Is he definitely playing on the left ?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he definitely playing on the left ?
Not definite but that's his strongest position. Already played alongside Kikau at the Panthers so the combination is there.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta may indeed end up at fullback for the dogs, but this year I see him playing centre. All the noise out of the dogs this preseason is fixing our woeful defence from last year. Considering this, how can you not have him at centre.

Taafe vs Tracey for Fullback.