News Josh Morris goes in-depth on the play of new Bulldogs signing Stephen Crichton

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching that got me ROCK HARD. He’s just a centre they say, or maybe a fullback? This video shows how much influence he’s had playing centre and a bit of wing. I think he has to be one of our centres for his ability to shut down attacks down his side and how he reads the play and can take an intercept. We were so bad defensively, that’s what we need ro focus on improving the most. Obviously he’s a damned good attacking player too.

Yessir Jmoz I can’t wait to see how a player of his calibre goes for the doggies!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching that got me ROCK HARD. He’s just a centre they say, or maybe a fullback? This video shows how much influence he’s had playing centre and a bit of wing. I think he has to be one of our centres for his ability to shut down attacks down his side and how he reads the play and can take an intercept. We were so bad defensively, that’s what we need ro focus on improving the most. Obviously he’s a damned good attacking player too.

Yessir Jmoz I can’t wait to see how a player of his calibre goes for the doggies!
Agree. Centre is where we need him most / where he's most effective. He's not a ballplaying fullback. Taaffe or Tracey can cover 1

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately he will be totally ineffective as a centre in our setup. Its a pitty he obv hasnt been able to show signs of a top fullback

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we'd be crazy to not give him a go at fullback in our team. If he works out there we get a quality+ fullback which is much more important than centre. It's also a lot harder to play centre and have impact for a bottom table team. If it doesn't work out we move Tracey there or bring Taaffe in.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crazy idea…. Is there any chance he plays centre in defense and fullback in attack so he gets to roam both sides of the field?

Kinda like when NSW had 3 fullbacks in the team and Turbo went nuts. Would that be possible in a bulldogs team full of utilities?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately he will be totally ineffective as a centre in our setup. Its a pitty he obv hasnt been able to show signs of a top fullback
How do you know our set up. The team is completely new. He needs to stay at centre he smokes everyone out there!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Crazy idea…. Is there any chance he plays centre in defense and fullback in attack so he gets to roam both sides of the field?

Kinda like when NSW had 3 fullbacks in the team and Turbo went nuts. Would that be possible in a bulldogs team full of utilities?
Crichton does not have the right profile.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we'd be crazy to not give him a go at fullback in our team. If he works out there we get a quality+ fullback which is much more important than centre. It's also a lot harder to play centre and have impact for a bottom table team. If it doesn't work out we move Tracey there or bring Taaffe in.
I get what you mean, having a good fullback would be awesome, lessens the spine debates. The thing is if we can have a dominant centre that influences the players around him it'll lower the frustrating plays we accustomed to seeing, potentially won't have to rely on try saving fullback plays for example and directly improves the players around him.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I think that's the old school inside and outside centre, union does it. I'm not sure if that'll benefit or disadvantage us, depends on the tactics.
Similar to the halves (maybe only halfback?) the way they used to switch around rather than having dedicated sides for attack and defence

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like we’ve put all our hope into one non spine player