Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad to see him go but very pleased to know we were able to make him an "extremely competitive offer". Maybe there is some hope for us to buy a decent player or 2 for next season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to Josh, hope he does well for his last years in nrl.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Extremely competitive lol

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Would love to know how much of a difference there is in the $$$ we offered compared to what he will get at Cronulla!

Reason being if it ain’t much then things start pointing to the rumours of the players losing confidence in Pay. Or maybe a lot of players have just had enough of the club letting players go that they might not have needed to.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forget townsend who his manager stated he was a premiership winning halfback and was commanding 1M at the time..of course he resigned for how much 850k ??
Townsend on $850k
Talk about winning lotto.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
peace be with you josh, thanks for your service.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has never won a comp. Probably figures he only has a few years left and is at least some chance to win one at the Sharks

He also lives in Cronulla and they offered him a 2 year deal. We offered him a 1 year deal

Absolute no brainer of a decision for him I would think

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has never won a comp. Probably figures he only has a few years left and is at least some chance to win one at the Sharks

He also lives in Cronulla and they offered him a 2 year deal. We offered him a 1 year deal

Absolute no brainer of a decision for him I would think
totally agree

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a good laugh listen to Jamie Soward talking about Morris going to Cronulla. "They lose a lot of experience losing Josh Morris. They lost a game the other night probably due to a lack of experience there". Leilua ran over the top of Morris champ, but keep going, you're doing great.

Personally, I'm not heartbroken about losing J-Moz, he's been great for us but the end is nigh and he's never been the same after losing that knee ligament.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Would love to know how much of a difference there is in the $$$ we offered compared to what he will get at Cronulla!

Reason being if it ain’t much then things start pointing to the rumours of the players losing confidence in Pay. Or maybe a lot of players have just had enough of the club letting players go that they might not have needed to.
Would have been the extra year , dogs would have only offered 1

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Very sad to see Josh go as he has been a great servant since signing with us. I try to look at the positives of any signing or loss and I guess it means we have a chance to pick of some of the sharks emerging talent that might be looking for a crack elsewhere until we can produce our own in a few years time? Reimian and Katoa are two young talents who may look for an opportunity elsewhere It has been great to see young Reimis Smith take his opportunity but I would have loved to have seen Brett and Josh stay for another year or two. Both are getting on in terms of outside backs ages and for the good of the club it is probably best we try and find some talent to keep on the books long term. I eagerly await some outside back singings.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We probably offered $500k to $600k for one year deal.
Cronulla $400k to $500k a year for 2 years deal.
good luck to him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We probably offered $500k to $600k for one year deal.
Cronulla $400k to $500k a year for 2 years deal.
good luck to him
Fucking lol @500-600k, not a chance.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like yesterday, came in '09 a season after we got the dreaded wood spoon. Scored 20 tries in a Kevin Moore team that couldve performed more. Goodluck Jmoz!!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Did you see how he behaved at the end of the game at the weekend, his first game back? If they game went 5 minutes longer he was going to get sent off. A druggo & a hothead.
Yup seen it, the guy is thirsty for some 1st grade repentance

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Milne was average in NSW Cup the other day. Not to mention probably still on something because he went psycho when they started losing. Got binned and started 2 fights.

Defence is shit too.
Yah cause hes not a winger. Guy is hungry for 1st grade. Had a great showing at the world cup@centre

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like yesterday, came in '09 a season after we got the dreaded wood spoon. Scored 20 tries in a Kevin Moore team that couldve performed more. Goodluck Jmoz!!
I remember that first game of season
Beating Manly in the rain

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Can someone explain the sharks salary cap to me
Let Maloney go and paid a shit load more for Moylan around 800k
Dugan 800k
Holmes 800k
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Graham
Fafita
Surely their on 600k ,

That's nearly 5.5 mil
That's leaves 22 more players to fit under the 9.4 cap
Which averages 177 k
So the likes of chad townsend, premiership winning half
Luetele
Bukuya
Prior
Segearyo
Etc in fucking chips
If a bloke lets his team inject himself with illegal substances I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck about the cap
Cuntnullas spending spree started when their oasis style development project got green lighted

Status
Not open for further replies.