Josh Morris and Ben Hannat make the Aus Sqaud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done Ben and Josh, there should have been a couple more Bulldogs in that squad

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Great post.

Many one eyed supporters on here as you would expect.

Farah destroys Ennis in every department (apart from being a grub). He deserves the spot way more.
There's a huge bias in this thread. If you didn't know who Farah was you would think he was some second rate player. Farah is a fantastic player and NSW didn't lose origin because of Farah or win because of Ennis. More so because in third origin they finally got a decent halves pairing(Kimmorely mainly) and QLD missing key forwards meant NSW could dominate up front.

How many stupid plays did Ennis make in the Parra game? Too many times when the pressure is on Ennis makes stupid plays which go nowhere. I think Ennis deserves to be named in the squad too but Farah would be my 2nd choice if Smith got injured he would work better in the Australia team then Ennis would.

and LOL @ people who keep brining up "hooker of the year" ffs it's chosen by a bunch of journos. Dally News LTD M's are not that credible. Kimmorely wasn't even close to winning and he has been one of the most consistently good players this year but that doesn't matter, the more you get hyped the better the chances of winning a Dally m.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Congrats to the Polar Bear and Josh. Both deserved selection for super years.

Stagg and Ennis are unlucky to miss out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Funniest part of all was Bennett having a big tanty coz no St Merge players were in the side. Maybe the selectors thought the saints players would choke under pressure? Not sure why though :D

Then tonight i see Folau is out and the other Morris got a spot in the team. Wayne can sleep tonight now.

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
congrats to both :grinning:
im quite happy that ennis wasnt named in the team as i think that farrahz style of play would suit the aus team better..ennis is more suited to the origin style imo.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
doesnt mean that ennis shouldnt get an australian jumper

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Gratz to Josh and Ben also Goodwin and Eastwood.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
what a ****ing joke!

gotta have a token Leb in there all of a sudden hey?
I got nothing against Robbie Farrah he is a top player on his day but Ennis is the better player
farah has the more organisational skills. I think thats why he got picked. Farah will also pretty much get the nod for SOO again unless he is out of form

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its one thing to believe Farah is the better hooker, its something else to hammer Ennis and whinge that he makes stupid plays, kicks to no one etc after the year he just put in for the dogs. You ungrateful bunch of c#$ts.

Marioo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Farah is a leb, many lebs follow the game of Rugby league...its simple as to why hewas chosen over Ennis.
Thats not ****ing not true!
AND IT IS A ****ING JOKE THAT YOU EVEN BRING IT UP!!

Farah has had a great season and so has Ennis, and they both deserved it. Both played origin, Ennis hooker of the year, Farah ended up fourth on Dally M Counts and was probably unlucky not to win Hooker of the year.

Either player would of been a good option.

Of course a bulldogs forum isn't going to be hapyp with Ennis not getting selected.

Marioo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said, give me Robbie Farah over Ennis anyday of the week, take your supporters caps for a second and actually look at Ennis plays, totally inconsistent, kicks at crucial times to nobody, cant setup tries same way Farah can. Doesn't have the vision that Farah does on the field. It was a joke Ennis won Dally M hooker of the year when Farah scored more points in the tally..
Someone with some brains and not bulldogs glasses on!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Tim Sheens was reported in yesterday's Telecrap as saying "All players were picked on current form. Tell me who I'd leave out." How's Robbie's current form Timmy? No finals (unlike Ennis) and Farah was dumped from State of Origin after 2 losses in which he played a big part. Ennis selected and NSW win. Farah not good enough to play for NSW but is selected for Australia. It's absolute bullsh*t. Timmy don't insult us with pathetic excuses like you picked players on current form. You picked Farah because you are the Tigers coach and he plays for Tigers. End of story.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim Sheens was reported in yesterday's Telecrap as saying "All players were picked on current form. Tell me who I'd leave out." How's Robbie's current form Timmy? No finals (unlike Ennis) and Farah was dumped from State of Origin after 2 losses in which he played a big part. Ennis selected and NSW win. Farah not good enough to play for NSW but is selected for Australia. It's absolute bullsh*t. Timmy don't insult us with pathetic excuses like you picked players on current form. You picked Farah because you are the Tigers coach and he plays for Tigers. End of story.
Did you not watch the last Dogs vs Tigers game where Farah & Marshall tore us up ?

I don't think I would be harping on about Ennis's finals performance either, if anything those went well against him given how average he was.

Also Farah didn't have an overly bad Origin series, he threw one dud pass that will be remembered and also missed an important tackle. The fact is he played with bad halves combinations and forwards who were getting creamed, they got it right in game 3 and Ennis had the advantage there.

Doesn't matter anyway, Cameron Smith showed this finals series how he is well and truely the best hooker in the game.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Originally posted by FaceBreaker

Did you not watch the last Dogs vs Tigers game where Farah & Marshall tore us up ?

I don't think I would be harping on about Ennis's finals performance either, if anything those went well against him given how average he was.

Also Farah didn't have an overly bad Origin series, he threw one dud pass that will be remembered and also missed an important tackle. The fact is he played with bad halves combinations and forwards who were getting creamed, they got it right in game 3 and Ennis had the advantage there.

Doesn't matter anyway, Cameron Smith showed this finals series how he is well and truely the best hooker in the game.

Yes - I watched every minute of Dogs v Tigers in the final round - sat on halfway Bay 35 Row P - opposite the tunnel.

The Dogs were very flat that night and yes, Marshall (in particular) and Farah had great games but what's your point?

Your post diminished the cr*p Farah dished up at a representative level (I think it's fair to say he was tested more in the two SOO games than in a Tigers walkover of Bulldogs). On both occasions Farah failed badly, and NSW lost. Ennis played very strongly in SOO III and NSW won.

I don't understand your comment about Ennis in the finals - go watch your copy of Dogs v Newcastle in week 1. Ennis was close to best on the field in that game and that's not just my opinion. The papers, Big Leage and RLW all echoed my comment above. The Dogs did not play well against Parramatta in week 3 of the finals - not Ennis' best game but how can you say a performance in the finals can count against Ennis compared with Farah who wasn't even playing?

Are you saying a player enhances his chances of representative selection by NOT playing in the finals. I don't think that can be right and the point I was making about Sheens' comment (about selecting on current form) is pretty much the corollary of your comment - Farah can have no recent form because he has not played for over over a month.

Do you honestly believe Farah would have been selected if he played for a club other than the Tigers or if Sheens wasn't the Australian coach?

Last edited by a moderator:

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Farah is a leb, many lebs follow the game of Rugby league...its simple as to why hewas chosen over Ennis.
LMAO! What a stupid comment!
That's why there are no Asian football players, because no Asian people follow NRL. :whacky:

Guess what, Genius! I'm Asian & I follow NRL. There are also other Asians on this site who also follow NRL.
Your "logic" is flawed & a fail.

Dr Dog

Doggies2010
Reaction score
Smith certainly looks like #1 hooker at the moment, but can't agree with the rest of your comment champ. Selecting Farah over Ennis matters for several reasons. Representative selection, especially at its highest level being for Australia, carries a lot of honour and prestige. Also, as you should know, there are clauses in player's contracts which mean the player gets significant financial benefits as a result of representative selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.