Josh Morris - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i seen the back of a bloke in the number 6 with a shaved head and i got all excited 'who's this new guy, must be from the lower grades, geez i hope he's better than keating'

then he turned and i seen his face and my head dropped in disappointment

today was an improvement on his last few games, but it's just not the right fit. he will be there next week too

morris situation is not good and hasn't been all year either

'gaz' phillips

Waterboy
Reaction score
I heard that Ben Roberts guy can pass and run alright.

Oh no, that's right, he did a bad kick so now he is unworthy despite the incumbent having no passing game, running game and not much of a kicking game at all. :rolleyes:
Get over him! he has proved he is useless. Forget about him and Let parra worry about one of the most inconsistent players to ever put on a jersey.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgyi7Mcc_Io, looks good in this vid at fullback. Would still much rather Barba with Jmoz at left centre, but if it works out that we are left without a good #6, Barba might have to slot into the halves. Looks like a good option anyway though, got speed, strength, size, can catch bombs and good defensively.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Morris Game Against Cowboys

Was his game what you expected of him? I was expecting a bit more effort in attack from him. I wont take away the fact he had one of his best games in defence for us (especially the tackle on Tate). However, for a player who has played representative football, I was expecting him to get more involved in attack. All our backs, including Wright and Idris, made over 100 metres in attack. Morris only made 60 something metres. I was a little dissapointed in his game considering he was dropped for 2 games. I thought he would have came out and had something to prove to the coach, that he made a big mistake in dropping him.

However, besides a couple of great tackles in defence, he offered little. Out of all the players who played on friday night, he probably offered the least to the win. Idk, maybe i am being a bit harsh, but i want to see more from him in attack. He is known for being a strike player in attack, and we havent seen him crack the line in a very long time. He doesnt look like he is about to crack the line on his own, he is not a player you can the give the ball to and say do something with it.

I even reckon Idris has a better chance of cracking the line. Idris to me, is showing more heart than Morris. Even though Idris is leaving, and i believe people are just saying he isnt trying because he is leaving the club and not staying loyal. As sad as Idris can be, the last few weeks under Dymock, he has found something that is making him give 100%.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
thought his overall game was good, would have even scored but knocked on instead!!. defense was solid, i think he will carve it up next monday

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was his game what you expected of him? I was expecting a bit more effort in attack from him. I wont take away the fact he had one of his best games in defence for us (especially the tackle on Tate). However, for a player who has played representative football, I was expecting him to get more involved in attack. All our backs, including Wright and Idris, made over 100 metres in attack. Morris only made 60 something metres. I was a little dissapointed in his game considering he was dropped for 2 games. I thought he would have came out and had something to prove to the coach, that he made a big mistake in dropping him.

However, besides a couple of great tackles in defence, he offered little. Out of all the players who played on friday night, he probably offered the least to the win. Idk, maybe i am being a bit harsh, but i want to see more from him in attack. He is known for being a strike player in attack, and we havent seen him crack the line in a very long time. He doesnt look like he is about to crack the line on his own, he is not a player you can the give the ball to and say do something with it.

I even reckon Idris has a better chance of cracking the line. Idris to me, is showing more heart than Morris. Even though Idris is leaving, and i believe people are just saying he isnt trying because he is leaving the club and not staying loyal. As sad as Idris can be, the last few weeks under Dymock, he has found something that is making him give 100%.
Morris has to be given a chance to attack. He's had sh1t 5/8th's all year and if we don't buy a good one now he'll have sh1t 5/8th's next year too

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he was asked to focus on his defence. Once he has his mojo back the attack will come. He is a natural ball runner and everyone knows that. Look for him to improve every week until next injury.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He made a great tackle on our goal line. I cant recall too much else that stood out but the effort was there. Obviously he still isnt back to his best, but heres hoping a full offseason and he will be fired up next year.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh's GF Kristi is a friend of mine and FAR from Trashy

they've been together for years, think the relationship has a bit more substance to it you knob. yes, i know kristi personally. yes she is a friend.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Josh's GF Kristi is a friend of mine and FAR from Trashy

they've been together for years, think the relationship has a bit more substance to it you knob. yes, i know kristi personally. yes she is a friend.
Good friend of yours?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good friend of yours?
think this is the worst comment i've read so far...you don't know kristi, josh's GF. FYI - I do know her. Not trashy, not dirty. Gorgeous girl.

B

Baghdatis

I guess Morris is down on confidence. But i think he is getting the ball at the wrong times. Morris does not look ethusiastic... At least Lafai is young and worth giving MORE experience. Hopefully Josh improves vs the Sharks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least he showed more enthusiasm last week and did something in defence. Hopefully he improves on that.

You haqve to remember, not having a 5/8th all game last week didn't help get ball to our outside men and we played much more direct, through the middle with Hodkinson.

Moey91

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was good to see Josh Morris do what he does best.Dymock has brought out the best in him lately, like that 90m try was something similar to the one he put in round 25 in 2009 on half time.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Baghdatis

WOW!! That stint in the nsw cup has made him a much better player

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morris has always had the ability, i just believe he was frustrated throughout the year. He was deprived of the ball and that was obvious with the way he was attacking and defending. When he receives quality ball he will tear any team to shreds.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
hope he has games like that all of next year and like barba this year, he can score 20+ tries for in 2012

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
loved the swan dive he did lol....but it was good to see him playing with confidence

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
loved the swan dive he did lol....but it was good to see him playing with confidence
Agree, i think after the injury round 1 his confidence flew out the window, then after coming back from NSW cup he got the confidence back.. Hope he has a great pre season and does some damage next year

Status
Not open for further replies.