Josh Jackson

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is he stubborn or just doesn’t have a clue on how to do it another way? Either way it’s going to cost him his job sooner or later if he doesn’t change it.
Stubborn and lacks insight, he can't see what need change and it will be his downfall.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It can't believe he's still persisting with it when it's clear it's never going to work. We would've been better off working on some short passing between the forwards rather than trying to have an out and out ball distributing lock.
what a refreshing game watching the eels and the tigers, both not playing out the back, the halfback getting ball from the dummy half on 99% of occasions and playing fast on the ball footy.
We need to fuck his off and play the same way, get the ball in Burton and flannigan hands straight away.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's on a truck load of cash this season and next season. He ain't going anywhere.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a refreshing game watching the eels and the tigers, both not playing out the back, the halfback getting ball from the dummy half on 99% of occasions and playing fast on the ball footy.
We need to fuck his off and play the same way, get the ball in Burton and flannigan hands straight away.
We need to work on our ruck speed if we want to play this way but I agree, the double block play is so boring.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a question, could TPJ handle the "Yeo" role?
Don’t laugh I reckon fitness wise and skill wise I think Max King will be best suited. He’s a big boy that sucks defenders like Yeo. I reckon he should be our 13 and drop Jackson to the bench. Would anyone else see Burton at 7? Watching Hastings and Brooks and seems like it working well against Parra at the moment with Hastings being a natural 6 and Brooks a 7. Now they’ve reversed roles.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t laugh I reckon fitness wise and skill wise I think Max King will be best suited. He’s a big boy that sucks defenders like Yeo. I reckon he should be our 13 and drop Jackson to the bench. Would anyone else see Burton at 7? Watching Hastings and Brooks and seems like it working well against Parra at the moment with Hastings being a natural 6 and Brooks a 7. Now they’ve reversed roles.
we dont need to play out the back, Moses took the ball of the dummy half 99% of the time. So block plays just ball in hand

Reaction score
We looked a lot stronger in the middle without Jackson tonight.

Also unlikely that Dufty would have got that clean ball for Okunbor's try if Jackson was on the field as he would have no doubt felt compelled to touch the ball on every play.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked a lot stronger in the middle without Jackson tonight.

Also unlikely that Dufty would have got that clean ball for Okunbor's try if Jackson was on the field as he would have no doubt felt compelled to touch the ball on every play.
Dufty was everywhere tonight without Jackson. Like the handbrake was let off.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hate to say it but we are a better side with out him stifling the attack and as much as people bang on about his defence we lost nothing in D tonight. Sorry jacko but the fat lady has started the second verse.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only argument that justified his placing in the team was that he made tackles but we still got flogged in some games and we did okay without him tonight.

Gus and Baz need have a serious discussion about him and limit his playing minutes.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We showed something to build on tonight without Jacko being a speed hump in attack, hopefully when he’s back they keep him away from the footy, maybe even move him in to the front row taking hit ups