Josh Jackson

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's definitely not the solution. He either starts of the bench and stays out of the red zone or gets moved on. If they can do that to Ennis and Graham, then Jackos no different. I love the bloke. He bleeds blue and white, unfortunately the game as it stands today has passed him.
He’s not as good as he was, but I still don’t think he is our problem. He offers enough to be in the side. The calls to move him on are harsh.

Our tactics a garbage. We are poorly prepared and we don’t adapt well to teams who can mix things up.

Does this fall on Josh, I don’t think so.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah he’s not mate, he’s one of the most measured and respected contributors to this forum.
I applaud you sticking up for Josh as he is most definitely lion hearted in defence and gives his all but he’s a yard or 2 off the pace of the modern game and his negatives are starting to outweigh his positives in a manner that is directly impacting the scoreboard.
He’s been my favourite player for a long time so it pains me to say it but I think he’s pretty much done.
Sorry.
OK
He is not done, just in the wrong role.
Bazz has got it wrong, he is no YEO.
Lol doesn't matter? Good chat. You probably can't even remember when.

what you call negative is actually reality. All you have is his tackles. When he fucks up the team of course he has to tackle.

Team comes first and he is one of the main reasons why the team sucks.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not as good as he was, but I still don’t think he is our problem. He offers enough to be in the side. The calls to move him on are harsh.

Our tactics a garbage. We are poorly prepared and we don’t adapt well to teams who can mix things up.

Does this fall on Josh, I don’t think so.
Yes correct to a degree. The point i made was to change his role or ship him out.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So before Barrett was here who’s tactics was he following ? He’s been playing the same crap for the last 5 seasons.. are we going to blame the last 3 coaches for Jackson’s inabilities ?
Rubbish,
It is only this year that BAZZ put him in the role of 1st receiver.
Why has been the players player in the last few years.
Name the 3 coaches that he played badly under.
Google them

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish,
Google them
He played like shit under Des, Pay and now, especially Barrett!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to find young up and coming locks and wrap as many as we can up, so important position, gone a the days of a tackle machine only or another front rower playing there.
Haven't seen much of him, is Ryan Sutton that player?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big question is Jackson coached to try & ball play or does he do it off the bat. If its off the bat then you would expect the coach to have a quiet word....if he is coached to ball play god help us. Either way Jackson isnt a modern 13...probably at best a small middle prop that isnt effective. Its sad but he has to be retired this season or he will kill off everything like Tolman did.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a fucking prop. He plays like a prop and is being forced to be a ball playing lock and it’s killing us. Just play the **** prop for the fucks sake

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can handle the comments on some players but I reckon a lot of you are being way too harsh on JJ. He isn't the best player in the NRL but he does a lot of shit you only realise is being done when he goes and shit falls apart.
What like tightening up our middle defence so opposition hookers don't stroll through for easy tries ... Oh that's right Kenny last week and 3 for Cook today.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its killing me watching these Dale Finnucane promos on fox, let him go and we have no action Jackson.
Fuck it's annoying man, what's with the Rafa Nadal comparison... Nable shits me. I honestly prefer NBN coverage these days

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been saying this for four years. He's fallen off a cliff this season and it's cringeworthy watching Jackson have to try and pass play after play. JMK and Jackson kill the whole attack.

I blame Baz for exposing Jackson's weaknesses so much... It's insane to play him in that role week after week.. Just play him as a bench middle that only has to run and tackle and never, ever pass. Ever.. Gus needs to find a way to move Jackson on next year one way or another.

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish,
Google them
Only this year?

Jackson has been on a steady decline for 5 years. He tries hard, he has been loyal to the club and from all reports is a great bloke. Being a great bloke doesn’t cut it for being picked in first grade.

As a club we have been loyal to him also. He has been earning an unbelievable about of money for the last 5 years. Relatively to output he is giving both on and off the field. He is our leader our captain. In a period where we lack leadership badly.

He should have been moved on years ago. The NRL has passed him by.