Josh Jackson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good team doesn't pay Jackson anywhere near what he's on with us. Jackson should've been let go and a few of us said so at the time.
And were crucified for saying it.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is done, should be a bench player at most. I thought him moving to lock would invigorate his game.
I've been banging on for some time about Jacko taking on a role much similar to that of Mitch Aubesson when he was at the Roosters. Only issue with that is the Roosters had talent to fill that starting spot where we don't....

However he should still come off the bench for 30mins or so a game.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs to be tapped on the shoulder big time. He misses so many crucial tackles and his hit ups are embarrassing.
Captain or not he’s finished.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been banging on for some time about Jacko taking on a role much similar to that of Mitch Aubesson when he was at the Roosters. Only issue with that is the Roosters had talent to fill that starting spot where we don't....

However he should still come off the bench for 30mins or so a game.
Aubusson had way more skill and utility value though. Unfortunately Jackson can only play lock and second row where he's not as good anymore.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
A good team doesn't pay Jackson anywhere near what he's on with us. Jackson should've been let go and a few of us said so at the time.
If we paid him any less than $600k we wouldn't be fielding a first grade team. We had no good juniors coming through and still don't have any 2nd rowers ready to step up, Doorey and Topine should not be anywhere near this first grade side.

The only two players in this pack that belonged in the starting side today were Thompson and Jackson. Yet a bunch of you want to get rid of him. He is the only leader outside of Elliot we have in this squad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we paid him any less than $600k we wouldn't be fielding a first grade team. We had no good juniors coming through and still don't have any 2nd rowers ready to step up, Doorey and Topine should not be anywhere near this first grade side.

The only two players in this pack that belonged in the starting side today were Thompson and Jackson. Yet a bunch of you want to get rid of him. He is the only leader outside of Elliot we have in this squad.
Leader? Leading us to the fucking toilet. The forward pack needed to be rebuilt and re-signing Jackson on a multi million dollar deal was counter productive. The extension of Elliott following that was even more ridiculousm. Both had to go, end of.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Leader? Leading us to the fucking toilet. The forward pack needed to be rebuilt and re-signing Jackson on a multi million dollar deal was counter productive. The extension of Elliott following that was even more ridiculousm. Both had to go, end of.
Who would you have signed to play in the 2nd row or lock at the time and for how much? De Bellin and Graham were signed for $750k a season. Do you think either of them would have come here for less than $800k? And have they been any better value these last two years?

Lots of criticism but not many solutions

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who would you have signed to play in the 2nd row or lock at the time and for how much? De Bellin and Graham were signed for $750k a season. Do you think either of them would have come here for less than $800k? And have they been any better value these last two years?

Lots of criticism but not many solutions
I can't even remember who was off contract at the time.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a few different types of mould of lock forwards, the big metre eater type like Tino, Arrow, JT, Finucane and Rudolf; the linkman ball players like Radley, Yeo, Jake T and the hybrids that make big metres and can ball play abit like Murray, Brown, and Harris. Jackson doesn't fit any of those moulds, he's never been a big metre eater and he's not a ball player

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately Josh is another player who is draining our salary cap. He just doesn’t provide what we need in the modern game. Watching the game today he reminded me of Gallen before he retired. Slow, one dimensional and a liability in defence.

I acknowledge that he has been a good soldier for us, but with another two years of his contract still to go there are younger, faster and more mobile alternatives available for less than what we are paying him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who offered Jackson this contract? He will be almost 33 with a badly battered body at the end of it. He cannot possibly be offered anything after unless he has a full body transplant. The thing is, if we send him packing, that will just add to the list of reasons for players to NOT join the club. If we treat him like crap then we can never get a decent player on a fair contract again.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I feel for Jackson. I really fuckin do. If he does see out his contract I think he has it be used as a bench prop, he will only get slower and should focus on using game smarts and do the short balls and all that bullshit

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one will take him at his age on his deal for two more seasons after this. Like it or not, he's part of the furniture and not going anywhere.
Can we blame Barrett too for Jackson’s current contract? p

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel for Jackson. I really fuckin do. If he does see out his contract I think he has it be used as a bench prop, he will only get slower and should focus on using game smarts and do the short balls and all that bullshit
If he was genuine he'd find a way to get medically retired.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to make a statement and clean out the joint, he’s served us well from the beginning but I think it’s time he moved on if it was possible
We made a big mistake letting Finucane go instead of Jackson

Lex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some are really keen to move on experienced first graders, but nobody is knocking down the door to come play for us. Jacko is busting his arse in this team. And being honest, the past few years will take their toll on him in the back end of his career. But what do we gain from moving him on? I feel like we’ve been moving people on to clear space for 5 years. Must be some very big fish coming…? Getting rid of our quality to ‘clear space’ is why we are in our current position. We need all the quality we can get, and I think we’ll start to fill our space with experienced first graders so that we can stop embarrassing ourselves out there. With all the cap space in the world, we can’t go from a rabble to a premiership winning team in one off-season. We need Jacko now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club was too afraid to let Jackson walk after the Josh Reynolds thing, thanks a lot you fucking idiots.