Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mahoney captain? Not many other candidates.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sad news

Only 31, surely could of seen 2023 out?

Hopefully he remains at the club in some capacity

Not many candidates for Captain?!

I presume it will be between Burton and JAC?!

Cant believe the experience we have lost in Jackson and Vaughan.....Very big losses

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mahoney captain? Not many other candidates.
Tough decision. Could possibly be Burton? Young I know. Cant be Thomo, as he hasnt proved himeself. JAC? fuck knows.
No real standout at this stage thats for sure.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No “thank Gods” or “I’m happy” from me.
Just to say farewell and thank you for giving absolutely EVERYTHING you had for our emblem Jacko. Never deserted us like blokes such as Barba and Klemmer (can’t believe idiots want Klemmer back).

Jacko was a great captain and a great ambassador for us. He will leave big shoes.

Thanks for being a true Bulldog

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it was overdue it’s a shame he didn’t get a proper send off. Deserves better than that. Over 200 games for the Dogs and led us through one of the darkest periods our clubs ever seen. Thank you for the blood sweat n tears Jacko. We won’t forget it.
Well said!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Jacko
Through all the shit over the past decade he was the player who always left his all out there. He truly was the heart and soul of this club, especially since Graham left. All his peers respect the hell out of him and thats the greatest compliment.

Hopefully the club looks after him in retirement.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Fox is a good 2nd leader. Also a lot harder to captain from the wing.
I agree but if anyone could do it, it would be the fox. He is the spiritual leader now. Refs, media, fans love him etc. But you are right it's hard to influence the ref in the middle from the wing. I don't like Burton or Reed for captain. Burton not ready to lead and I wanna see Reed in a dogs jersey first

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’m sure the polite conversation was had with Josh Jackson,anyone have heard of any big fish we are trying to land ?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like Gus tapped him on the shoulder

Hope it's not true as he only had 1 year left and he deserved a better send off than this

Thanks for sticking through thick and thin Jacko. I hope you are looked after on retirement with a position at the club in some capacity....