Josh Jackson is to us what Darius Boyd is to the Broncoc

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Where has he carried the team to exactly? The Tapine try Ogden got his stepped but Jackson definitely should've made that tackle. Let's face it Jackson isn't a dynamic impact player so if by your own admission he can't play very big minutes at all then what exactly does he offer?
I meant Ogden shouldn't start. You can't blame Jackson for this mess

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I meant Ogden shouldn't start. You can't blame Jackson for this mess
No one is laying all the blame on Jackson but simple fact is he's not playing well at all, and I know on here we like to defend some players by pulling out the old 'but he's playing next to crap players' excuse but Jackson is performing worst or at best at the same level as those crap players most weeks

Malla

Reaction score
He just looks like he hates footy this year. Hate to say but being captain of a shit bunch of footy players with an even shitter coach looks like its taken a toll on him.

Hopefully he has a good break this offseason and comes back better.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we could be in for another few years of paying big money to passengers, Napa on what $6k luckily only one more year, Thompson on what $8K for 3 years, Jackson on what $6k for 3 years.
That adds up to $2M in my book it could well be another $2M of wasted cap, as much as I have admired Jackson in the past, I personally doubt he will return to his best. Also I'm getting pessimistic about Thompson ability to be what we need. As for Napa luckily he only has one more year, next year will be his contract year so lets hope that he will deliver something he hasn't yet.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't up to scratch last night as a former blues rep Canterbury Bankstown captain.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say, but he looks like someone who would prefer to be somewhere else.

He got steam rolled for 2 tries on our goal line.

With a team lacking in talent, he should be leading the way and should be a blue chip in terms of being someone who would be able to give us a consistent 7.5 a week.

Instead, like Boyd, he brings the team down.

Sad.
Yes very sad especially when we lack direction with our playmakers and to have our leader not leading then we are like Donkeys with our heads up our arses.

Apologies to all Donkeys

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not interested in having internet wars with anyone. But I remember suggesting if we did resign Jackson it should be no more than 400k under any circumstances. ‘Twin Turbo’ belittled me in his true ‘know it all’ fashion, even though I have had zero correspondence with him. Turns out I was more than right, would be hard pressed paying him 200k
100% there would be a minimum wage player out there that would do a better job than him.
You are 100% spot on. And you don't have to have university degree of rugby league like Twin Turbo has ( he is the only one world wide to have this btw) to know that. Be good if he came out and admitted he was wrong for once. Don't hold your breath lol

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The captain's challenge rule has unfortunately exposed him further of his leadership skills particularly amongst senior players. Too easily influenced by them.
Needs to let it go and reinvent his own game.
Well I think most of the players don't know the rules so the captain challenge is continuous wasted.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well I think most of the players don't know the rules so the captain challenge is continuous wasted.
lol i think hopoate wasted a CC challenge in the first 3 minutes if i was right?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The captaincy hasnt been kind to our players in recent years, Ennis, Prichard, Tolman, Graham, Jackson. 3 of those got moved on and Tolman is lucky to still have a contract.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The captaincy hasnt been kind to our players in recent years, Ennis, Prichard, Tolman, Graham, Jackson. 3 of those got moved on and Tolman is lucky to still have a contract.
Hokko had a stint at C as well.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh let's be clear here, its not as if Jacko is white-anting Pay/SG like Boyd did to Seibold.

To me (and alot of people here), he needs a break and positional change. Give him the rest of the season off, let him get his surgery/ies done and with any luck he's freshened up for next season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that he along with a number of players haven't been at their best. I'd assume a lot of it is staying motivated when the opportunity to come close to the eight is gone for the third year running. It's not ideal to have a captain that looks mentally drained. But from our positions on the couch it's hard to know what type of pressure this places on the players. Can't help that even in games where we've been leading till the final 10-15 minutes, we've lost on the back of costly errors.

We need to start next season with a few early wins to get all our players feeling good about the season.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To think Boyd's legacy to the game will be the standard for not having a go. Perfect imo.