Josh Jackson is to us what Darius Boyd is to the Broncoc

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say, but he looks like someone who would prefer to be somewhere else.

He got steam rolled for 2 tries on our goal line.

With a team lacking in talent, he should be leading the way and should be a blue chip in terms of being someone who would be able to give us a consistent 7.5 a week.

Instead, like Boyd, he brings the team down.

Sad.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

With a team lacking in talent, he should be leading the way and should be a blue chip in terms of being someone who would be able to give us a consistent 7.5 a week.

Sad.
Cheer up mate. Only three seasons left after this season.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not interested in having internet wars with anyone. But I remember suggesting if we did resign Jackson it should be no more than 400k under any circumstances. ‘Twin Turbo’ belittled me in his true ‘know it all’ fashion, even though I have had zero correspondence with him. Turns out I was more than right, would be hard pressed paying him 200k
100% there would be a minimum wage player out there that would do a better job than him.

Last edited:

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson was showing signs he was falling off the cliff for the last two years. Next year I predict we will all turn on Hoppa. I want 80% of this squad gone. Not good enough to play in the blue and white jersey.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sad.
agree, the new contract in length and $$ was crazy. He is not a leader and will struggle to be picked in the 17 in the years to come.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think back to when Jackson and Finucane were put in the same boat and look where Finucane is now. Another great decision by Des. He needs to step away as captain next year and focus on his own game.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me he looks over it. And tbh I would be too. The captain of a shit team. If I was the club I’d tell him to take the rest of the season off. Get away from the club and the game. Come back next season refreshed ready to play Lock.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson is our version of Gallen.

We have to stick him in the middle and he will try his back side off for the team. That is it keep his role simple, he can be the one workhorse of the team and get dynamic explosive players around him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is our version of Gallen.

We have to stick him in the middle and he will try his back side off for the team. That is it keep his role simple, he can be the one workhorse of the team and get dynamic explosive players around him.
but didn’t we just resign elliot to be that player?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As others said, played well at lock
Doesn’t have the mobility or legs to go 80 anymore on the edge
Play him in the middle, give him 50-60mins in 2 stints

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's just not good enough for the NRL anymore. Plain and simple. People want to play him at lock... Most of his pathetic misses in defence are in the middle or on our line...

The club should try and ship him off to the ESL or any other club that would take him. Even if it meant paying a portion of his deal, it'd be worth it.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He wasn't steamrolled. The Tapine try Ogden fucked up. He was blowing hard. He should come off the bench until he can play 25 mins straight without blowing. Jackson has been carrying the team and still has a lot to offer