Josh Jackson - Dally M Second-rower of the year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not dismissing anyone's opinion. I said "seems like blind bias," which is probably a fair assumption based on this being a Bulldogs fan forum. Frizell didn't have a bad game, but his good games were immense
Lol you were totally dismissing their opinions and still are now....

Oh, sorry.... you were “seemingly” dismissing them. :p

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
None of our origin back rowers this year even put in one performance during series that would even come close to matching jackos worst performance in sky blue.
Aside from Frizell and Trbjovic completely agree with that.

Based on Jacko's worst performance in origin and comparing them to this years backrowers

Jackson ~ Cordner fairly equal
Jackson > debellend - no way was debellend anywhere near as good as Jackson's worst performance
Jackson > Crichton- no way was Chricton anywhere near as good as Jackson's worst performance
Jackoson > Sims- no way was Sims anywhere near as good as Jackson's worst performance

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you were totally dismissing their opinions and still are now....

Oh, sorry.... you were “seemingly” dismissing them. :p
You seem to be adding tone where there isn't any

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You seem to be adding tone where there isn't any
Hardly. Instead of just arguing your viewpoint, you went straight to claims of bulldog bias even though Jacko just won an award which was not adjudicated by bulldogs fans or people.

I know you weren’t trying to undermine anyone’s opinion but if you accuse someone of bias, you can’t really complain about getting called on not sticking to the debate at hand.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hardly. Instead of just arguing your viewpoint, you went straight to claims of bulldog bias even though Jacko just won an award which was not adjudicated by bulldogs fans or people.

I know you weren’t trying to undermine anyone’s opinion but if you accuse someone of bias, you can’t really complain about getting called on not sticking to the debate at hand.
Do you think there is a bias towards the Bulldogs on The Kennel or is that unfair of me?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think there is a bias towards the Bulldogs on The Kennel or is that unfair of me?
I have zero bias!

Josh Jackson is the best forward and captain in the game

No bias though.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course there is. My point is that it’s an unusual time to claim it when the discussion is about the merit of an award which was not adjudicated by members of this forum. Just because bias exists in this (or pretty much any) forum doesn’t mean every viewpoint expressed on the forum (or every viewpoint held by the majority, if you prefer), is biased.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course there is. My point is that it’s an unusual time to claim it when the discussion is about the merit of an award which was not adjudicated by members of this forum. Just because bias exists in this (or pretty much any) forum doesn’t mean every viewpoint expressed on the forum (or every viewpoint held by the majority, if you prefer), is biased.
And my point is a few of the comments before my first seemed quite biased, RE: Vek's

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And my point is a few of the comments before my first seemed quite biased, RE: Vek's
Fair enough. I didn’t really watch enough games from
the dragons’ post origin slump to make an informed comment either way. They did have a few cricket scores put in them, which can’t tegkect that well on their pack as a whole, but doesn’t mean individuals can’t have still played well.

I did think Jacko totally outplayed their back row when we played them last, Frizzle fry included.... but that’s just one game. Insulting the footy IQ of anyone who disagreed was probably a bit much.

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wacky Freddy should get out of Origin with his record in tact while he can. Dropping JJ was directly related to the little squares of cardboard he drops into his cornflakes(or kale smoothie) everyday. He bowed out of his career a loser(yee-har) and if he continues with the Blues another decade of QLD domjnance emerges. He’s a Nancy Boi who got very lucky this year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
LOWS

Team of the year shocks

It’s not fair to say Josh Jackson and Joey Leilua didn’t deserve their positions in the team of the year, because they finished with the highest amount of votes in their respective positions.

However, the average Joe can deduce that both players were not the best in their positions this season. In the second row Tyson Frizell, Tohu Harris and Tariq Sims were the standouts this year, and in the centres, Latrell Mitchell was far and away one of the biggest stars in the NRL — in any position.

The criticism falls back on the new voting criteria, where the positions are decided by the highest points’ total. Unfortunately for Frizell, Harris, Sims and Mitchell, their superstar teammates attracted attention from the voters too.

—-

“The average joe can deduce that both players were not the best in their positions” — that’s because the average joe is a dumb **** these days
Tohu Harris Who the fuck writes this shit... great player no doubt but he was injured almost all year... cost me heaps in supercoach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dally M's is just a popularity contest run by media nothings.

If they want a fair award system, why can't they use the SuperCoach system, where stats, and not some nobody's view, dictates who wins.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still can't believe Luke FUCKING Brooks finished second for the Dally M, the bloke isn't even a top 40 NRL player.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to know how that scum Leilua won centre of the year FFS biggest grub in the NRL, they must have forgotten on how he disrespectfully chastised one of the Morris twins FKN turd!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dally M's is just a popularity contest run by media nothings.

If they want a fair award system, why can't they use the SuperCoach system, where stats, and not some nobody's view, dictates who wins.
Stats don't translate well for these type of things, there's only so much that it can measure.

If they're going to stick to a points system then they need to start individually rating players after every game. Having only 3 players poll points a match is fucking stupid.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stats don't translate well for these type of things, there's only so much that it can measure.

If they're going to stick to a points system then they need to start individually rating players after every game. Having only 3 players poll points a match is fucking stupid.
Yeah, players who are involved in rep games should be rated too.

Also, where Defensive Player of the Year?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

My argument for everyone saying Jacko didnt deserve the award because his 'stats' aren't good is Des Hasler lol... he based his coaching style on stats alone and look how that turned out lol. Another good one is Lockyer, he had poo poo stats but was very influential.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

And also should be ex-players/coaches allocating points and not some piece of shit reporter that more than likely never even played backyard footy.