Josh Jackson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Where do u get them from
Have to get extremely lucky and get them in a pack of NRL Traders cards.

I think one young gun card per 6 boxes or some crap. There are 16 young gun cards. A box is worth about $120. So it's basically impossible to get one.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to get extremely lucky and get them in a pack of NRL Traders cards.

I think one young gun card per 6 boxes or some crap. There are 16 young gun cards. A box is worth about $120. So it's basically impossible to get one.
Can u get the packets from the news agent

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke from the bush is a hardman, he reminds me of Andrew Ryan; he is from the bush, he is a tough bloke, does his share of the work, he also seems like he can be a leader and has a good rep footy future ahead.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can u get the packets from the news agent
Yeah. Most good newsagents anyway. I have come across quite a few that do not stock them though.

Also seen them for sale at my local Shell petrol station.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Most good newsagents anyway. I have come across quite a few that do not stock them though.
Also seen them for sale at my local Shell petrol station.
Wow I thought they don't make them anymore "gzz the memories of them back in the days kicking in"

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How thick is he??? (as in muscle thickness)

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Future captain.
Can see him and Finnucane both representing Australia somewhere down the track at the rate they are going.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can see either one of them leaving us as well

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Thought he was excellent when he came on yesterday. Should be starting next week

Malla

Reaction score
He should be starting and playing 80 minutes. Of our current forwards, he's my favourite. Always give 110%, is always hitting hard and has a big motor.

I don't know what Des has planned for our forward pack, specifically our backrow, but I think having Josh there as an 80 minute player is a necessity. Franky, Eastwood and Williams should be rotating constantly, with Jackson as the man holding everything together. He reminds me of a combination of Bobcat and Hoffman .. only a better defender then both combined. Hope we lock this guy up long term. Definitely a future leader.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Jackson growing in self-belief for Dogs

The quiet achiever of the Canterbury pack since making his debut in the midst of their run to the minor premiership last year, back-rower Josh Jackson says he finally feels that he belongs alongside the club’s plethora of big-name stars.

As the Bulldogs travel to Townsville for a tough outing against North Queensland’s much-vaunted forward pack on Saturday, Jackson said the club’s difficult start to the year – when key big men James Graham, Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano were all unavailable through injury and suspension – taught him an invaluable lesson in what’s required to become a consistent NRL performer.

“The big thing for me this year was to knuckle down and try and cement a first grade spot and become a consistent first grade player,” Jackson said.

“It was always a dream of mine to play NRL and to get that opportunity last year was pretty special, particularly to play in the grand final which was a big thing for me. But it all went pretty fast – it’s amazing to look back on everything that happened.

“I was happy with how I went but I was also new to it all and after it finished… as I said, I really wanted to nail that regular first grade spot this year and I feel like I’ve done that now. I feel like I sort of belong there.”

Asked how he felt about his performances during the early rounds when the Bulldogs won just one of their opening seven games, Jackson said: “I think we all could have played a bit better. We just started off a bit slow. I still think the little things like not completing and giving away penalties was the main problem. Obviously those players we were missing do help out a lot with our go-forward and our ball-playing ability too.

“But we’ve fixed that now and to be honest this year has been great. I’m loving just playing footy and hopefully I can do as well as I did last year.”

Jackson’s emergence as member of the Bulldogs pack last season alongside good friends Martin Taupau and Dale Finucane was one of the success stories of the year, but he knew he faced a tougher challenge to hold his place in 2013 following the arrival of NSW and Australian back-rower Tony Williams. Rather than limit his time on the field however, he continues to average around 64 minutes per game – almost identical to last year – and has even upped his average metres and tackles.

“The only difference is that my role has changed a little bit,” Jackson explained. “Once Frank came back (from injury) – with him and Tony Williams in the team my role changes. I play a little bit in the middle of the field as well as on the edge now. But I’m just happy to get the run and with those two blokes there I’m happy to do whatever I have to do.”

While coming so close to winning a premiership in his debut season last year was tough to take, Jackson said he had no problem getting motivated to start all over again in 2013.

“It was pretty easy, to be honest,” he said. “I think everyone was pretty keen to get back after the grand final loss, put in the hard work and try and turn it around this year.

“It took us a while to really get going again but the past two weeks in particular our possession rate has been a lot better and that has helped us a lot (74 per cent completions against the Dragons and 74 per cent against the Broncos).

“I think we’re still a little way off getting back to where we were last year but we’re getting back on track to that.

“If we win this week we could be back inside the top eight which is always a good position to be in and hopefully we can then start to work our way back towards the top of it.”

http://www.nrl.com/jackson-growing-...spx?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Baffles me why he was given shorter minutes tonight. He has been great all year

rockets10

Waterboy
Reaction score
Baffles me why he was given shorter minutes tonight. He has been great all year
19mins according to stats, Tony Williams 75mins, i cant figure it out and cannot support Des on this one!

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des needs to have a good look in the mirror.His selections in certain posistions and of certain players this year have been very poor as has his interchange management and game plans.It astounds me that the commentaters can pick up how flat we are in attack and how ray warren says how hed love to see she rex get more of a run up when getting the ball but Des cant see this and address it.Our performances have mostly been lackluster.Most weeks i sit there at the start of the game thinking we might not score,we seem to want to grind out all our matches unlike last year when we attacked from all over the field.We need an overhaul and a good old fashion spray from DES!

Status
Not open for further replies.