Social Media Josh addo car down to 2 horse race

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great post. The Storm got value out of JAC because they bought him when he was cheap and turned him into a SOO player. His next club will be paying overs for him.

Us buyng Staines is like the Storm buying JAC from the Tigers - we need to buy gun juniors and then develop them into guns first graders. That's pretty much the advice Gus gave us
Cheers mate. I think, given our recent history, that this is the only way for us to do it. We do need to buy a few key star players on good money, but we also need to overhaul our whole roster and replace a lot of our fg/fringe fg players. Not only this, but we need to get it 100% right! There is absolutely no way in this world we will be signing JAC if he wants to play fb!! Absolutely no way. Staines on the other hand, is a chance.
Meaney has been pretty solid these past few weeks, and im surprised they rushed Hoppa back to play there. But I actually think we need to use Averilo as our long term fb. I really want to see him in open spaces and with time.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mail is...These are our targets
Names in Bold print are the stronger possibilities

Fullbacks.....A. Hopoate / RTS
Wings..........Staines / Ado Car
Centres.......Gildart / Staggs
Five eight...Burton
Halfback.....Green
Hookers......Smith / McInnes / Clarke / Starling
Props............Hethrington / Pangai jr / Walmsley
Backrower..SBW :rage:

Gone or possible gone...
Foran, Tolman, DWZ, Holland, Montoya, Cogger, Lafai, Sue, Lewis
Like I've always said...Anything is possible & only time will tell !!!

Who are your preferences ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JAC isn't guaranteed of getting a fullback role at any club he is just wishing for a fullback role, he still may have to accept being a winger and if that's the case, he will end up at South's with his brah Latrell. I still reckon he'd be happy to play wing at Souths either way.
Yes its about the $$ which he wont get saying hell play wing

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just found this.
Its from the Daily Terrorgraph.....if somebody has subscription...

Screenshot_20200823-095426_Chrome.jpg

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found this.

View attachment 16508
Yes it was in the Sunday Telegraph today. Apparently Baz and the board are loathe to add another winger to the books so they've withdrawn their interest in JAC - dont know why it took this long TBH. The rest of the article then goes on to talk about the Tigers

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
The mail is...These are our targets
Names in Bold print are the stronger possibilities

Fullbacks.....A. Hopoate / RTS
Wings..........Staines / Ado Car
Centres.......Gildart / Staggs
Five eight...Burton
Halfback.....Green
Hookers......Smith / McInnes / Clarke / Starling
Props............Hethrington / Pangai jr / Walmsley
Backrower..SBW :rage:

Gone or possible gone...
Foran, Tolman, DWZ, Holland, Montoya, Cogger, Lafai, Sue, Lewis
Like I've always said...Anything is possible & only time will tell !!!

Who are your preferences ?
Source?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just found this.

View attachment 16509
Considering they have no money and need to offload contracted players first it is hilarious that they are even in the picture of securing JAC and even are thinking of chasing B.Smith. Something definitely doesn't add up at the pussycats.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After what I watch Today Bulldogs v Warriors Bulldogs whole team is fucken pathetic I don't know why we wasted that money on that pommy Ford his f****** absolutely woeful the whole team need to re look themselves cogger needs sacking with tollman,
Lafie, katoa, jmk jackson,Holland, we need forwards that want to run forward and fucking hard not fucking pussy feet *****

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fullback talk is just about getting more $

The tigers paid douhei big $ so won’t be there, Souths have latrell.

We are the only one without a real no chance of moving fullback.

That said he’s not a fullback and while he might kick on I wouldn’t pay him based on that.
He’s a gun winger arguable there best.

Just a spin to try make
Some more $
Well probably sign Douhei based on our previous form

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Admittedly Addo-Carr isn't on top of our recruitment list but when a player of his quality becomes available surely we could have negotiated a bit harder with the Storm. They have said from the beginning that they are after a player swap if they are to release Addo-Carr.

We have two wingers in DWZ and Smith that surely we could have tried to negotiate a swap deal involving one of these two. I know we have Holland, Montoya and Lafai off contract but I doubt Bellamy would be interested in any of them. Addo-Carr is obviously an upgrade on any outside back that we have and I think one area that our recruitment is behind successful clubs is in their ability to shuffle players in and out of the club (even if still under contract) to strengthen our roster. We need a major overhaul in all positions and I think this was a missed opportunity to get on Origin/test winger into our club

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foolish decision in a way. What if tigers now low ball him with no competition... We should have been dogs and tried to Jack his price up even more.
I think we would have. His manager wants a certain price and I think we weren’t prepared to go to that price and tigers are.. hence we pulled out. Tigers wouldn’t be getting him cheap.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering they have no money and need to offload contracted players first it is hilarious that they are even in the picture of securing JAC and even are thinking of chasing B.Smith. Something definitely doesn't add up at the pussycats.
It has been confirmed by their CEO they have about a million to spend in the salary cap and if Josh Reynolds goes to super
league and they get move on Packer there will be more money to spend