Jonathan Wright - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryson Goodwin probably could have done a better job out there tonight.

Wright's head was elsewhere for sure..

Thing is, Wright is only filling the wing spot because of injuries to other backline players.
Bryson Goodwin is phucken hopeless, period !!!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
while goodwin is hopeless that wasthe worst game and effort ive seen from anyone in the blue and white tonight, to be caught out THREE TIMES with a simple grubber when there was NO OVERLAP is kid ****. glad hes ****ing off.

i'd put madpup in the wing spot in his place next week. you could see both morris and barba wanted 2 deck him. then he goes out off the kick off we score, followed up with a drop bomb with no one around.

30 points came from his **** ups last night.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jono Wright you were wearing a blue and white jersey not green, puck off and be with your wife ffs - don't come back til she gives birth. 30 points ffs

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love this place. When we were killing teams we all loved Jono. We all know he had a shocker but what's far more concerning for me was where was our trademark swarming defense to give him a hand? Watch the replay and if Jono stays out on his wing like we all wanted him to there's a massive gap in between. He is damned if he does and damned if he don't and pays the price either way.
The way I see it he was let down by his team mates!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jono Wright had not ****ed up for 20 games and had a bad night, your fan boys Barba, Kasiano and Reynolds have had nights just as bad. No one in that team wanted to play football last night, the forwards lumbered so badly. Only player who looked dangerous was Morris.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I dont think many of us "loved him" during our streak, he was ok, the other backs made him look better than he is.

He can fu*k off to cronulla right now

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's had some shockers, but last night was an absolute howler.

- Dropped everything that came to him.
- Ran out of touch.
- Was no where to be seen in defense.

Every side we play from now are going to use last night's match as a precedent to beat us now. I don't think even Des could fix Wright at the moment.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
while goodwin is hopeless that wasthe worst game and effort ive seen from anyone in the blue and white tonight, to be caught out THREE TIMES with a simple grubber when there was NO OVERLAP is kid ****. glad hes ****ing off.

i'd put madpup in the wing spot in his place next week. you could see both morris and barba wanted 2 deck him. then he goes out off the kick off we score, followed up with a drop bomb with no one around.

30 points came from his **** ups last night.
Both Barba and Morris have no right to be filthy after the crap they have served up in past years.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep.. I warned you all earlier in the year what this guy can do wrong too.

He had SHOCKER. He is seriously a dumbass or f*cked in the head. Even a 10 year old would know not to come in SO OFTEN, I thought a 'good' player like him would be able to learn from his mistakes after the first 2 tries, but obviously not.

I don't know if he he's mind is on the Sharks, or if it's on his baby coming this weekend, but Goodwin would have done a much better job out there tonight. Obviously his head was not in the game.

Oh, and he's played alright for 20 rounds, but seriously, a performance like that cannot be forgiven.

hahaha, what? Are you serious? IN 2012, when has Barba had a match like THAT? Huh? Kasiano wasn't good, but he didn't cost us much either. Reynolds has cost us at times, but not 4/5 times in a match like THAT.

You're in disneyland.
I know you are young but where did I state 2012? They have had shockers in the past, Kasiano was a pleb against the Knights start of this year and Barba failed with bombs too many times last year. You warned us, you almost take delight in this. If you hate so many of the Bulldogs players why do you support the club?

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
We all know he had a shocker but what's far more concerning for me was where was our trademark swarming defense to give him a hand? Watch the replay and if Jono stays out on his wing like we all wanted him to there's a massive gap in between. He is damned if he does and damned if he don't and pays the price either way.
No Its basic under 10's football the winger has to stay on the outside of the oppositions widest man and not let him get around you. All Wright has to do is stay on his wing, Morris is our best defensive player and has the speed to get across and will tackle anything near him. If he had Idris inside him then I might be able to justify him coming in, but Morris 99/100 times will make the tackle.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jono Wright had not ****ed up for 20 games and had a bad night, your fan boys Barba, Kasiano and Reynolds have had nights just as bad. No one in that team wanted to play football last night, the forwards lumbered so badly. Only player who looked dangerous was Morris.
This. He had a lousy performance but the whole teams was awful. There were so many annoying moments from that game like Barba running out and Reynolds not finding touch

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this place. When we were killing teams we all loved Jono. We all know he had a shocker but what's far more concerning for me was where was our trademark swarming defense to give him a hand? Watch the replay and if Jono stays out on his wing like we all wanted him to there's a massive gap in between. He is damned if he does and damned if he don't and pays the price either way.
Finally, someone with a brain. Furner did a number on us and thats that ! Do you really think Hasler will ever let it happen again ? Wake up !!!!!

P

Paint.

First two tries to Earl weren't his fault.

They were very similar to the tries scored by the Rabbits v Goodwin early in the season (rd 7ish?).
We play a very compressed defence and that's why teams find it very hard to go through us (other than what we've seen in the last two weeks). There's been a huge gap between our winger and the sideline on both sides of the field all season.
The Raiders are only the 2nd side so far this season to take advantage of that, which has really surprised me tbh.

Despite that, the dropped ball for Nicholls' try, knock back that forced Barba into touch and Earl's last try were pretty disappointing tbh.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he had a horror night but I think he really has been that bad all year but he was just exposed last night

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He has been solid all season. Better that it got exposed again now, it will be sorted before finals

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you are young but where did I state 2012? They have had shockers in the past, Kasiano was a pleb against the Knights start of this year and Barba failed with bombs too many times last year. You warned us, you almost take delight in this. If you hate so many of the Bulldogs players why do you support the club?
This coming from someone who bags the most likeable players

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see des dropping him next game. As much as i dislike wright as a player he should kill it next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.