Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll judge him next year but it’s not a minimum wage signing. Before releasing Elliott when we had one spot left Gus said if you find a deal elsewhere go for it, to me that means we needed to free up money.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll judge him next year but it’s not a minimum wage signing. Before releasing Elliott when we had one spot left Gus said if you find a deal elsewhere go for it, to me that means we needed to free up money.
What?… So Asiata will be on over $500k? Please…. He’ll be on peanuts with incentives depending on how many games he plays in 1st’s I reckon!
Gus is doing the PR well…. Carrying on we have no $$$ dribble. Out goes Idiot, in comes Asiata saving $300k’ish to spend on that quality 7 or 9 that may come to us

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What?… So Asiata will be on over $500k? Please…. He’ll be on peanuts with incentives depending on how many games he plays in 1st’s I reckon!
Gus is doing the PR well…. Carrying on we have no $$$ dribble. Out goes Idiot, in comes Asiata saving $300k’ish to spend on that quality 7 or 9 that may come to us
I didn’t say he’s going to be on $500k but he’s not going to be on $105/130k or whatever the minimum is these days.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say he’s going to be on $500k but he’s not going to be on $105/130k or whatever the minimum is these days.
We won’t be paying overs for anyone whilst Gus is there… that includes Asiata.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scum Eels picked up discards Cartwright & Isaiah Papali’i for peanuts… they took the gamble & won!

Im all good with the gamble on Dufty, Vaughn & possibly now Asiata

If they end up sh1thouse… then bye bye

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he stays fit and injury free will be a positive for us,I can’t imagine he would b on huge dollars.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spot on, Gus knows how player managers work, these guys are generally aware of how much salary cap space is left and try and milk every penny of it for their clients. He’s keeping his cards close to his chest and making smart decisions on behalf of the club… we need experience and leadership, at close to minimum wage, this would be a decent pick up.

On another note, I still feel there’s a chance for The Cheese, especially after today’s Ch9 interview with “Big Smithy Smithy”…

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Scum Eels picked up discards Cartwright & Isaiah Papali’i for peanuts… they took the gamble & won!

Im all good with the gamble on Dufty, Vaughn & possibly now Asiata

If they end up sh1thouse… then bye bye
All on 1 year deals aswell so won't be stuck with them if they fail