Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

Blueyy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like it or not people Averillo will be our halfback next year Baz likes him there.
It can work he's not Cleary/Reynolds Baz just needs to change his structure to have 2 running five-eighths.
Averillo has some xfactor i think we can all say he has improved over the year with his defense.

With Asiata coming in i think Baz will have him in the 13 for a ball playing lock to take the pressure off our halves.
With the change of halves at the end of the year i think Gus just wanted to have a look at them and give them a chance to press their case.
Just my opinion.
Averillo could end up being a Hughes type running half alongside burton, but you’re right Baz will need to change his structures.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo could end up being a Hughes type running half alongside burton, but you’re right Baz will need to change his structures.
100% i said this a few weeks ago. We need a more storm like structure than a penrith type structure

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% i said this a few weeks ago. We need a more storm like structure than a penrith type structure
Could only dream of him being as good / consistent as Hughes. Still get a laugh out of my old posts about Hughes and people saying he is overrated haha