Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be negated if he had the injury prior to signing with us? Wouldn't he have to have a new injury to be medically retired?

Ooo maybe... The Foran sitch comes to mind but you would think a work place injury is a work place injury?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back to what this post is about... the apparent signing of Asiata.

After mulling over this since last night, I think I know what Baz might be thinking.

Right now everyone within the game is raving about how important Isaiah Yeo is within the the Panthers Attacking Machine.

Furthermore, a current origin player that I spoke with & wont name, marveled at Yeo's link & ball playing ability and nominated him as the most impressive and important player in the Blues squad.

As Baz was part of turning Yeo from an edge player into a ball playing link 13, I assume that he is looking to replicate what has become so successful with Yeo but needs to find that forward that has genuine ball playing ability. It needs to come naturally.

Baz has tried this with Jacko & the like but it just don't come naturally and therefore it doesn't work.

Enter John Asiata.

The risk is that he has had a few injuries lately, but that risk should be negated by the minimum price tag attached.

So I say, it's probably worth the risk at a good price.

The bigger question is however - What happens with Jackson, as I think his edge playing days are over & he's too small for prop.

Just maybe it is Jacko that heads down to Mexico to replace big Dale, so we can get our Nacho's with CHEESE.

Let the off season Games begin.
I think thats pretty obvious, Baz has been trying to make us like the Panthers all year.
I think Asiata (IF we sign him by the way) he could be that link man in the middle.
I really hate it when we have halves stuck on either side its too predictable.
Hoping Gus will fix it!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back to what this post is about... the apparent signing of Asiata.

After mulling over this since last night, I think I know what Baz might be thinking.

Right now everyone within the game is raving about how important Isaiah Yeo is within the the Panthers Attacking Machine.

Furthermore, a current origin player that I spoke with & wont name, marveled at Yeo's link & ball playing ability and nominated him as the most impressive and important player in the Blues squad.

As Baz was part of turning Yeo from an edge player into a ball playing link 13, I assume that he is looking to replicate what has become so successful with Yeo but needs to find that forward that has genuine ball playing ability. It needs to come naturally.

Baz has tried this with Jacko & the like but it just don't come naturally and therefore it doesn't work.

Enter John Asiata.

The risk is that he has had a few injuries lately, but that risk should be negated by the minimum price tag attached.

So I say, it's probably worth the risk at a good price.

The bigger question is however - What happens with Jackson, as I think his edge playing days are over & he's too small for prop.

Just maybe it is Jacko that heads down to Mexico to replace big Dale, so we can get our Nacho's with CHEESE.

Let the off season Games begin.
De Bellend would give Yeo a go at that role.

I'd say Asiata is just another number, experienced body that can fill the role... Though maybe a contingency if JJ don't work out next year with a different team.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s with the hate with Jacko he shouldn’t be blamed for the attack it’s the halves that are so predictable. Asiata is a bench player at best

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if we are going after him then they putting jackson back to edge
Not necessarily Steve. I don’t think Jacko is an 80 min player. Comes off for a 20 min spell Asiata can come on for short spurts and offer something different. I couldn’t see us offering him a contract that represents much more.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
should have signed him years ago when he would be our best 5/8th option and the best front row option at the same time