Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na, fuck them. Apparently i'm negative when the team has finished DEAD FUCKING LAST and totally justified my views. Meanwhile the same posters consistently put down a 20 year old kid being forced the play out of position and I'm being negative? All people do on here is jerk themselves silly over new signings and "controversial takes".
You are entitled to your views, we all are. Personally I am sick of the everything has to be positive and love everybody bullshit.. The team is last as you say so there are huge problems, but the simplistic view that its the roster does my head in. That was the excuse at the end of Des all thru Pay and now with Barrett even though he had the war chest and recruited a number of players..

There are clearly some players issues but the direction from the head of coaching is just rubbish..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'll give us more than Britt/ Stimson/ Doorey I am sure. Worth bringing him in for a shot. We've won the spoon this season and have been favourites for it the past 3 seasons. No one's job should be safe, not even our captain at this rate. The only players who are safe are:

• Thommo
  • Cotric
  • JAC
  • TPJ
Everyone else should be playing for their careers. Cotric is very lucky to be on this list.
Burton's also safe.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
pretty sure you and I have the same filter :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: and probably @Bazildog for that matter
Irl I can remove myself from these situations before they irritate me but on here I need to vent and just let it out lol. I'm sure most know I'm not being overly serious...most of the time :tearsofjoy:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was ALREADY wearing one and when that didnt work he had season ending neck injury...

I guess worse case scenario, he is easy to medically retire...
Wouldn't that be negated if he had the injury prior to signing with us? Wouldn't he have to have a new injury to be medically retired?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As always I am moved and physically shaken by your unwavering positivity, support and enthusiasm for our club... FFS do you ever throw any support behind anything our club does to try and improve the roster??? With fans like you who the fuck needs enemies! I cant recall a single post of yours where you actually write something positive or supportive, always just the same bitching and moaning FFS! I’d hate to be your missus poor woman...
Hang on, that's a big assumption these days, he might have a mister. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back to what this post is about... the apparent signing of Asiata.

After mulling over this since last night, I think I know what Baz might be thinking.

Right now everyone within the game is raving about how important Isaiah Yeo is within the the Panthers Attacking Machine.

Furthermore, a current origin player that I spoke with & wont name, marveled at Yeo's link & ball playing ability and nominated him as the most impressive and important player in the Blues squad.

As Baz was part of turning Yeo from an edge player into a ball playing link 13, I assume that he is looking to replicate what has become so successful with Yeo but needs to find that forward that has genuine ball playing ability. It needs to come naturally.

Baz has tried this with Jacko & the like but it just don't come naturally and therefore it doesn't work.

Enter John Asiata.

The risk is that he has had a few injuries lately, but that risk should be negated by the minimum price tag attached.

So I say, it's probably worth the risk at a good price.

The bigger question is however - What happens with Jackson, as I think his edge playing days are over & he's too small for prop.

Just maybe it is Jacko that heads down to Mexico to replace big Dale, so we can get our Nacho's with CHEESE.

Let the off season Games begin.