JMK

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special mention to JMK. He made a huge difference today and was a huge upgrade over Katoa. I and plenty of others have been critical of JMK over the years, but credit where credit is due.

JMK's defence has always been solid, his effort is generally strong and he has great pace for a dummy half but his decision making and poor service are his biggest flaws.

Ideally we still get a long overdue upgrade at hooker but if JMK keeps playing like he did today, maybe he should be re-signed at as a backup/bench option.

Do you guys think this is a sign of things to come and he should be re-signed or a good game against an average team and we should still move on from him?
Re-signed only on sensible wage as there are no top class hookers off contract this year. Will be a backup option for hooker in 23 onwards.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only his 3rd game for the year I think? Great effort today needs to be consistent but that would be the best a 9 has gone this year.IF he continues on from this you think he gets resigned as a backup 9/utility spot for sure.

Glad some knockers are prepared to admit he may be better than they assessed previously, but yes has to kick on with it.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He played incredibly well today, but like everyone else has said there isn't a consistent performer in our team save for Thompson at the moment.

If we can't get a proper hooker for next season then it'll be interesting to see how he stacks up with a proper squad, something we haven't had for a very long time

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK, 1 good game then 4 stale ones... Kid needs to stop the trend and fulfil any potential he has.

In saying that would love to keep the kid as a utility and benchy for B.Smith.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always liked jmk what he and the rest now need is staying consistency I hope Barrett doesn’t change the team he should leave it as is now to start the roll on .

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Played well today. He usually has his 1 dart from dummy half a game but today he had his eyes open and took the opprtuites that were on offer. Definately his best game in a long time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was brilliant today,definitely persist with him till we get the cheese

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think there's a vast difference between idiot and jmk.

Jmk hasn't really had a coach who can teach him the game at hooker and making decisions.
And Elliott HAS benefited from good coaching and mentor ship from team leaders?

The Kennel anti Elliott bias strikes again. Both JMK could be very good under the right leadership and guidance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’d be interested to see what JMK could do as a starting 9 with a better team around him. Unless we can get a great 9 like Clark, I’d give him the 9 next year snd see what he can do with it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And Elliott HAS benefited from good coaching and mentor ship from team leaders?

The Kennel anti Elliott bias strikes again. Both JMK could be very good under the right leadership and guidance.
Absolute rubbish. No 1st class coaching could ever help the stupid decisions elliot makes game in, game our. There's a reason his nickname is Adam idiot

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before & I'll say it again - Our best current option at 9 & worth another contract regardless if we can land another top class hooker.
If we can land a top class hooker, then happy days as JMK makes a great 14 IMO.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we dont get a gun Hooker JMK should keep his spot, I think he will get better under Barrett!
I think PPL have started to realise that he isnt as bad as everyone made him out to be... funny how watching Katoa fuck up every game will do that to ppl...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. No 1st class coaching could ever help the stupid decisions elliot makes game in, game our. There's a reason his nickname is Adam idiot
Bellamy would make him an origin player in less than 6 months. In terms of skills, he makes Cam Murray look like Brad Morrin

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bellamy wants a swap for brandon Smith, how come he doesn't want elliot?
I'm sure he does....not even Barrett would be dumb enough to entertain such a poor trade....,JMK has more upside than Brandon I'm a lock Smith anyway.

The truth is, Trent really doesn't want the cheese that much.....a good thing, because he would struggle to deliver in a developing team

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure he does....not even Barrett would be dumb enough to entertain such a poor trade....,JMK has more upside than Brandon I'm a lock Smith anyway.

The truth is, Trent really doesn't want the cheese that much.....a good thing, because he would struggle to deliver in a developing team
Yep barrett needs to be careful of all the clubs in the world knocking on elliots door when he was off contract!!!

Which clubs where they again? Warriors and the hopeless dragons lol