News Jimmy Brings:DOGS CHASE THE SUPERCOACH

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs leagues club chairman George Coorey has been trying to sign Wayne Bennett to Belmore for at least 10 years now and was at it again this week.

With Trent Barrett at the prohibitive odds of $1.04 to get the gig, a quiet tip swept around Wednesday afternoon that the Dogs might be making a left-field play for the seven-time premiership-winner.

It won’t be happening. As much as some influential types at the Bulldogs were pushing for Bennett the club is now a fair way down the track in terms of installing Barrett for next year.

The three-year deal will most likely be announced next week.

D-DAY FOR FUMING BULLDOG AS RAIDERS LINK STRENGTHENS
The Bulldogs asked Harawira-Naera if he wanted Josh Jackson on a Zoom call with the club but were told thanks but no thanks.

Harawira-Naera’s beef is not with his Bulldogs teammates but rather the powers that be who run the club.

The meeting on Friday will be with chair Lynne Anderson and chief executive Andrew Hill.

SPOTTED

Phil Gould, Wayne Beavis and Bulldogs director Paul Dunn catching up for coffee late last week. Gus was the coach at Canterbury in 1988 and Penrith in 1991 when Dunn played front row in both grand final winning teams. Beavis is one of rugby league’s great characters who also acts as an adviser to the likes of Trent Barrett, Brad Fittler and Anthony Griffin
BULLDOGS LEGEND ANSWERS SOS

Two-time Dally M Medallist Mick Potter has offered to help the struggling Bulldogs out as an assistant coach after the sudden exit of Dean Pay and assistant coach Steve Antonelli this week. Potter was part of the Canterbury-Bankstown teams who won back-to-back grand finals in 1984 and 1985 under Warren Ryan and understands the fabric of the family club as well as anyone. The champion fullback won his first Dally M medal in 1984 after playing only one game of first grade in 1983.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potter as fill in assistant coach would be a brilliant idea in my opinion.

In fact Potter as an Assistant coach in the years going forward also gets my tick of approval.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I swear anything posted on here makes it on the DT... LMFAO!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is fake news. I've read from a reliable source that Bellamy is taking over with Cam Smith to play hooker...... Stupid journos. Hahaha

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potter as fill in assistant coach would be a brilliant idea in my opinion.

In fact Potter as an Assistant coach in the years going forward also gets my tick of approval.
Cant see it being a bad thing at all.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So, CHN is afraid to face Jackson, scared that Jacko would tell him how stupid he was, how the players were dirty on him for killing the season start and costing us $2m in sponsorship. He plainly just wants to be able to blame the club and not face up to the players that he let down so badly. Gives us a fair idea where his head is at, taking no responsibility for his actions.

Go Dogs

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter assistant coach is good news

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter would be handy short term. The rest is more Hooper gossip column trash.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hooper is on the money, we had a meet with bennett after souths loss.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still too much chit chat.!!!

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, CHN is afraid to face Jackson, scared that Jacko would tell him how stupid he was, how the players were dirty on him for killing the season start and costing us $2m in sponsorship. He plainly just wants to be able to blame the club and not face up to the players that he let down so badly. Gives us a fair idea where his head is at, taking no responsibility for his actions.

Go Dogs
Has chn even come out and apologised to the club,the players, and the fans,?for what he did wasn’t responsible and not a good look when your on official club duty? Like was he that desperate for a root that he couldn’t just hook up with her once the school visit was over with?
And he is angry at the club? Fuck me.
Well fuck off mate!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
i don’t think he’s afraid of facing Jackson that’s not the way i’m reading it at all. In the form Jacko is currently in mate nobody is afraid of facing him. We’ll find out tomorrow I guess what happens in the meeting. The club may or may not want to divulge the reason but I’m sure he will tell his mates who will in turn tell some journo. It could be as simple as his manager knowing we have $$$ and is going to try and negotiate a new deal. It’s hard to think he all of a sudden hates the club when he was liking Instagram posts as recent as Thommo’s debut last week.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Still too much chit chat.!!!
We are the news ATM. Last week it was Broncos for weeks. Before that warriors going home. The footy is the best it's been in years but negative news still sell more than any great game

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I thought that you dont take any notice to what any journos say especially The Daily Telegraph?!?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This week has fucked me, Im even more depressed about this shit show.