News JIMMY BRINGS: All the inside mail on the NRL, delivered by James Hooper

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the long serving player allowance is? And who qualifys for it. I'm mainly referring to Jackson. Is he egilable for it? If he is then his resigning isn't too bad. I'm sure Tolman might be able to get it as well but I know it's capped. So hopefully the club is smart (which I doubt) and pay most of Jackson's contract using that allowance. It's bascailly getting a player for free under your cap. Therefore I hope they don't resign Tolman and give all the allowance to Jackson.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the long serving player allowance is? And who qualifys for it. I'm mainly referring to Jackson. Is he egilable for it? If he is then his resigning isn't too bad. I'm sure Tolman might be able to get it as well but I know it's capped. So hopefully the club is smart (which I doubt) and pay most of Jackson's contract using that allowance. It's bascailly getting a player for free under your cap. Therefore I hope they don't resign Tolman and give all the allowance to Jackson.
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is that it.

Back to your tapestries.

Bet Wendy is wounded by that 'hurtful' remark. :joycat:
I don’t waste my time with the old fool these days

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Jackson and Tolman are the only 2 that get it then. So moving forward 200k on Jackson's salary per year is payed via the allowance. Which isn't included in our cap. Better then nothing I guess.
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s $200k/year and yes, he qualifies for it under his contract beginning 2021. It’s either 8 years continuous service at one club or 10 years in the NRL. Jacko debuted for us in 2012, hence he qualifies. Of course it was a factor in his re-signing, 100%.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We have to sign a top notch #9 with leg speed through the middle a kid at the warriors who has been injury prone we could nab is Roache, an established outside back (at 22yo and 4 years under his belt) Cotric is our man and we need to sign Bateman as well as re-sign CHN. They will give us some creativity and attacking flair on the edges. A hooker will give us speed and presence through the middle and Cotric a big body set starter and finisher. Another prop with leg speed like Tupinoua from the Roosters also.

Let go of Elliot, Jacko can play in the middle.

1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Cotric
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. Roache
10. L Thompson
11. Bateman
12. CHN
13. Jacko

14. JMK / Katoa
15. Tupinoua
16. To'omaga
17. Topine

Get rid of Elliot, Sue, RFM, Cogger, Lewis, Montoya, Chricton etc

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some people would know but they might not want to post it on here which is fair enough
The way players seemingly renege signing with us at the last moment, who would want to let on.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully its Burton or Cotric or B. Smith. Hastings would be good but he'd only be a second tier signing

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve been very limited on what we could spend. You know that
And where we've spent money has been money wasted. The poor recruitment and retention in playing and coaching staff is the fault of the board.