News JIMMY BRINGS: All the inside mail on the NRL, delivered by James Hooper

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The current board are well aware that if they don’t spend the $3m wisely and in the correct manner come feb they will be gone.

this is a good and bad thing
Good in that they have to pull their fingers out and be aggressive in the player market. However bad in that they most likely will pay overs and target the wrong player required just to score a signing.
Think Josh Reynolds for the tigers signing as an example

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The current board are well aware that if they don’t spend the $3m wisely and in the correct manner come feb they will be gone.

this is a good and bad thing
Good in that they have to pull their fingers out and be aggressive in the player market. However bad in that they most likely will pay overs and target the wrong player required just to score a signing.
Think Josh Reynolds for the tigers signing as an example
Agree to an extent. Much has been made of the Dib group destroying our juniors has this board improved that? I believe it’s essential for a club to be competing for a title with a great junior recruitment system.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm want what's best for the club, not just jobs for the boys as it is currently. this ticket is failing the club just like they did in their personal lives

I would love to see a rival ticket formed to watch the current board shit their pants force them to actually work.
And that will likely happen for 2022 if they don’t deliver anything prior - which we all agree would be a big failure.

I’ve been consistent the whole time Godfather - I was giving them the appropriate time to deliver some results. I don’t think the final siren has sounded yet.

If it does, and they’ve failed I won’t hesitate to say someone else must have a go.

For the sake of the club we all love I hope it doesn’t come to that - and that might be some small thing we can agree on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's Marika Koroibete, if we don't sign him everyone send rude messages to @finchie

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I dont agree with kicking the board out yet, they have till Feb 2022 to deliver. But I am all for making them accountable and they should be under pressure, all of the time. I am not a Labour voter but Paul Keating once said something I have never forgotten, "To have good government you must have good opposition".

Ray Dib is not good opposition and he has had his go. However, anyone connected with the club and passionate about its success should be encouraged to speak up and if necessary form a group to ensure the heat is on the current board to get results (positively and without white anting our own).

If they dont, then people will vote accordingly.
What if Peponis headed up a rival ticket.?

TK thougts on that prospect?